• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed that RL is hiring Asset Protection Manager specially for Sawgrass Mill and Dolphine Mall.
I guess you guys have lots of resellers in that area that are frequently shop there.
http://polo.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3020176&User_ID=
I went to my stores yesterday, and they had litereally nothing but Big and Tall Polo pants.
My other outlet carries PSR but they don't have it right now. But sometimes they get **** tons of PSRs at some point.
So there is only one outlet around me carries PSR.

I highly doubt theyre hiring asset protection managers to protect against resellers.
With large outlets come high amounts of theft. Its extremely easy to get security tags off quickly, even the ink tags. Those big stores probably lose thousands a day to theft.

Edit - That reminds me, they left a tag on a vest last time I went to Woodbury that I still need to get off. The alarm went off when I went out the door and I stood there for a minute and there was no employee reaction so I just left

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I highly doubt theyre hiring asset protection managers to protect against resellers.
With large outlets come high amounts of theft. Its extremely easy to get security tags off quickly, even the ink tags. Those big stores probably lose thousands a day to theft.

Yeah, Asset Protection Manager is fancy shmancy for 'Security Guard' - but usually they do have a little larger responsibilities.

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently had a security censor left on from barneys. Thing is, the thing never beeped when I left so I had no idea it was on there. I noticed it later when I arrived home. I wasn't driving back to get it taken off.. so a few good hits with a hammer and it popped right off, didn't damage the item either.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great question. Because I have a hard time paying someone $160 for a pair of pants they bought for $50.

What the seller paid shouldn't be that relevant. If you value the pants at $160, then it's a good deal. And message the seller, they may give you a discount

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great question. Because I have a hard time paying someone $160 for a pair of pants they bought for $50.

What someone paid for the shouldnt matter. If thats your rational then consider that it cost RRL probably $20 to make them in the first place so why pay more than $20

I have them in 36 though i think.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about to throw my slims into the washer for the first time. they're the "rinse" version, not "raws" or "one wash". i should be fine (sizing-wise) as long as i hang dry them right?

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha prajna wants a brodeal. Btw sandi's prices are hard to beat. Those pants weren't $50 either they are around $70 after tax.

If you have trouble letting someone make money off you then go pay $500 to book a round trip to NYC outlet and try to find them yourself.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to an outlet that did not have any PSR. But picked up a few Polo RRL-lookalikes. The polo shirts fit really slim with high armholes. No logos, just a removable fabric tag. The RRL/Polo creep continues:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to an outlet that did not have any PSR. But picked up a few Polo RRL-lookalikes. The polo shirts fit really slim with high armholes. No logos, just a removable fabric tag. The RRL/Polo creep continues:

Nice pick ups.

I noticed that they've been put out a lot of RRL-lookalikes recently for this season. Some thermals, t-shirts, polo shirts, and work shirts. Love it even though they are made for outlet.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice pick ups.
I noticed that they've been put out a lot of RRL-lookalikes recently for this season. Some thermals, t-shirts, polo shirts, and work shirts. Love it even though they are made for outlet.

Yeah, exactly. I forgot to mention that. And they aren't that cheap, either! But pretty nice, nonetheless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads