• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the from the thrift thread
Paid $15.99
566B554B-3E24-47EB-98C3-78AA154944F7.jpeg

A1B5DDDF-FFE6-4965-A282-E9A3A9E4B064.jpeg

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been offline for a while and my SF rigids (https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-fit-rigid-selvedge-jean/86417.html) are starting to show some real wear (around the knees, especially, with a minor tear). Two questions - for minor tears around the knees, what do folks usually do to fix/patch? Or you just leave as is?

Second question - I'd like to check out some other brands that compare favorably to the SFs that I do have. They could be raw (or not) - any recommendations in terms of fit, quality at a lower price point? (<$250). I've seen the usual suspects - 3S, N&F, Unbranded recommended but nowhere have I seen which fit compares well to the RRL ones I currently have.

TIA
I'm a sucker for RT. Have most of their trousers (waiting on the nutmeg ones to be restocked). I have the same RRL you have (32x30), slim fit rigid. I have a pair of SK 12.5 (30) tinted weft that for my legs and my eye, fit better because of the more aggressive taper. So I do reach for those more, but both are awesome.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for RT. Have most of their trousers (waiting on the nutmeg ones to be restocked). I have the same RRL you have (32x30), slim fit rigid. I have a pair of SK 12.5 (30) tinted weft that for my legs and my eye, fit better because of the more aggressive taper. So I do reach for those more, but both are awesome.

Awesome, thanks. I recently bought a pair of their selvedge chinos and love the fit. Is that an indication that the SK would be good for me?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I recently bought a pair of their selvedge chinos and love the fit. Is that an indication that the SK would be good for me?
I think so. Wouldn't hurt to get some Stanton and test them. RT has awesome customer service imo

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
we need to post some more fits on here. I've been dressing like a bum lately and need a little inspo

waynehe

Reaction score
Anyone has the Knowles leather jacket? Is it worth $900 NOS? Thanks.

View attachment 1084523
It is made of thick heavy cowhide, very solid constructed, quality wise is at the upper end of rrl products. the lining is padded so it is more for cold weather compared to say, real mccoys buco j100.
i think it is all up to if you like the design, for me it is lack of some unique rrl characters.
just my 2 cents

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the Knowles is one of the nicer RRL jackets. Pretty heavy. They were going for under $600 at final closeout in 2014. Actual color is a darker brown than in that pic. $900 seems a bit high price unless you really want a cafe racer.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we need to post some more fits on here. I've been dressing like a bum lately and need a little inspo
Sorry not sorry for zero double RL in this but this aggression will not stand. Also I believe this piece is more double RL than a lot of actual double RL pieces. #thedudeabides

20181206_063708.jpg

Serad

Reaction score
Speaking of leather jackets, I've listed my Gambler jacker up for sale. Size M. Here's one image, it's in excellent condition, no flaws. I have the full listing up on grailed but ofc would much prefer to deal directly (pm for more images or whatever). It's not cheap, but it is a truly unique jacket and a classic, rare, RRL piece.

AgSyDmS.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads