• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score
I’d love to hear your comments about the Cowboy jacket... I have it waiting for me at home but haven’t seen it in person yet. It kinda threw me off when I learned the (left front) pocket is leather... I’m not sure I’ll dig that detail (I’m hoping it isn’t over the top).

Now I can’t confirm the $290 price. While I was charged that, they sent the regular black trucker instead of the cowboy. So either they sent the wrong jacket or I confused the order somehow. My SA is sorting it out and I’ll know more soon.

doctorman

Reaction score

crazy the camo pants look almost exactly like the new US army OCP (operatonal camouflage pattern) pants. they are available at the army exchange store for about $50 a pair. made in america. great quality with all the functional pockets and button fly and all that. i did my land navigation in harsh condition in them and they wore very well.

they're true to size at the exchange. free shipping. no tax.

Last edited:

RandJG1

Reaction score
30% code BOX does indeed work on RRL sale. That's nice.
Jumped on the sale first thing in the morning while on my phone and saw the indigo cotton wool four button blazer surprisingly because I hadnt seen it online at all so thought it sold out. So i went on my laptop and looked and sure enough it wasn't listed. Went back to my mobile and it was. Given all the wonkiness with the website i recommend you search both ways and you may find some hidden gems. Good luck.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crazy the camo pants look almost exactly like the new US army OCP (operatonal camouflage pattern) pants. they are available at the army exchange store for about $50 a pair. made in america. great quality with all the functional pockets and button fly and all that. i did my land navigation in harsh condition in them and they wore very well.

they're true to size at the exchange. free shipping. no tax.

I've gone to the exchange store in my neighborhood, and they only had the pairs with 2 cargo pockets on each leg smh. Also in my experience the fit of the army issue pairs are baggier.

doctorman

Reaction score
I've gone to the exchange store in my neighborhood, and they only had the pairs with 2 cargo pockets on each leg smh. Also in my experience the fit of the army issue pairs are baggier.

haha. true. the cargo pockets in the lower leg come in handy though. you're right, they actually run large so size down for a less baggier fit. :-D

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any 'being worn' shots of:

20170927_rrl_04_desertscout.jpg

JiiPee

Reaction score
Now I can’t confirm the $290 price. While I was charged that, they sent the regular black trucker instead of the cowboy. So either they sent the wrong jacket or I confused the order somehow. My SA is sorting it out and I’ll know more soon.

Did you try buying it directly from a store? I can't find the Cowboy jacket from the website(s), however the Black Trucker is there.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Sale items came in this morning, thoughts;

French Cuff Dress Shirt - Unfortunately they sent the wrong one (right size) and wound up sending the blue check with contrasting striped cuffs instead of the blue 'dotted' pattern. No worries as the blue check was nice enough. These are a slim fit profile, MOP buttons, good for business casual.

Roughout Suede Wallet - Didn't read the description of this one, and may be returning. While I've tended to love RRL wallets, I've never actually been able to keep one as the sizing is prohibitive to one that wears slim jeans and a wallet in their front pocket. Quality was fine, leather was nice (mentions that is made with cowhide from the RRL ranch), and I liked that the bill area had a sewn in denim lining. Just may be too large overall for me.

Artifact Tan Corduroy - Nice bedford like cord, with typical RRL 'vanity' sizing (i.e. size down 2 from TTS). Pictures were relatively indicative of actual item.

Cotton Sport Coat (Khaki) - Debating this one, overall fit well in a size M but unfortunately i'm on the taller side for many mediums and the jacket does appear pretty short on me. Soft twill and partially lined.

Wilberforce (Tan) - I own the Bowery and have been eyeing these for a while, so it was nice to be able to pick them up on a good discount. I was initially worried as I believe these are made by Cheaney who also makes the Bowery, and while I love the Bowery, have found with time that I may have been able to size down .5 size from my TTS. I have a hard time fitting oxfords in general, as I tend to have heel slip in many, especially those with thicker soles and noted 'roomier' last such as the Wilberforce. Pleasantly, I found this not to be the case, as going TTS the fit was just about perfect. I may throw a thin insole in these as the leather sole is initially not as comfortable as say the Bowery, but very happy overall. Will keep a lookout for a black pair in the future.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Disappointed with some of the RRL sales reps I've had the misfortune of dealing with. Unless you have a person you trust will work diligently to find what you're looking for, I advise -- if your schedule allows -- getting on the phone and calling multiple stores yourself. Just yesterday I was screwed out of a few items because sales reps over-promised and under-delivered. So, for those looking for anything, I strongly recommend trying to work with any of the following reps:
  • Mike or Adrian from Melrose
  • Dave from Williamsburg
  • Kevin from West Broadway
  • Cameron from Phoenix

dukarelli

Reaction score
got some stuff on the site sale all at awesome prices.. striped selvedge oxford, olive herringbone military shirt, reversible navy vest and cashmere hobo gloves- but the most exciting acquisition would be the indigo waterproof jacket. it's unique design is like a half western / half mountaineer parka dyed in two shades of indigo. i had my eye on it when it was full price but got the indigo snorkel last year (very similar to the one being offered this season) and spending a rack for a new coat every year isn't really wise. however at like 275$ it's a killer deal. stoked for it to arrive.
and was able to score a price adjustment on a pair of brown leather officer's gloves i purchased in store last week bringing them down more than 50%. this sale has been very kind to me. :-D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads