• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
To each his own. Style, like democracy, thrives when there is a divergence of opinions and viewpoints.

I'm very fond of military-style patches myself and have a collection of my father's emblems from WWII and Korea—a few of which I've added to denim jackets.

While I'm not a big fan of Gucci, the company is doing some interesting things with embroidered patches. BTW, many of the very same patches can be found on Etsy, making it possible for people to jazz up a denim jacket at a fraction of the cost of Gucci's version.

That's so cool about the Gucci patches! I'm not normally a fan of their stuff but I do like several pieces they have out right now. Patches are "in" at the moment so it'll be interesting to see how other brands handle embellishment. Looks like the summer stuff from RRL is mostly clean and simple.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chainstitch *runoff* is a throwback construction technique. i have real deal 1940s jeans with similar deetz.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
^ Generally no...RRL does not use as substantial thread as other makers (Freewheelers,OrSlow etc,) in there chain stitch which will cause them to eventually just fall off and to my eye the thinner thread does not look right.....

Cut or leave , your call.......

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
RRL sizing question. The RRL plaid workshirt fits me very well in size small. Is RRL sizing pretty consistent across the board so I can look for them in the same size on the bay and save some $$$? Thanks.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
RRL sizing question. The RRL plaid workshirt fits me very well in size small. Is RRL sizing pretty consistent across the board so I can look for them in the same size on the bay and save some $$$? Thanks.

I find it to be generally consistent across types of clothing (sweaters tend to run small, jackets run large, etc) but there is a lot of variety in shirts and pants depending on the style and cut. RRL has slimmer cut shirt options that have trimmer arms and torsos, and the pants have a wide range of fit options and I have seen from folks here that they can be very inconsistent.

If the piece is heavily vintage inspired, expect it to be boxier than their standard sizing. I've seen size XS jackets range from 15" to 17" across to the shoulders and 18.5" to 21" across the chest.

If you are looking to get something from ebay, ask for the measurements if they aren't listed and compare against the shirt you have that fits well.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience is that pants sizing is all over the place, depending on style - and sometimes season to season within the same style(officer's chinos come to mind). I've found with the shirts that if they're going to work for me, it'll be a medium that'll work - but sometimes a medium is too small. A large is always too large. I've experienced fairly significant sizing differences even looking at two examples of the same shirt in the same size (an inch difference in body length for one of the shirts I bought last year).

It's pretty disappointing given the price point, and now that shoprunner is gone from the RL site, not sure how many RRL pieces I'll be buying going forward.

Zulu5

Reaction score
Im looking for a pair of the original RRL Brunel boots size 10 with the 3 speed hooks(the taller ones). Does anyone here have any that they would like to get rid of?

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
Stuff is here!!

So, surprisingly, the CCC pullover is a knit, not denim. It's on the left, with the Real McCoy's version of the same design on the right. It's a bit longer, and the collar is larger. It's a very casual look, extremely comfortable.

It's oversized on me but I don't mind. Beautiful piece and a really fun twist on a classic design.

Love the chore coat!! It's a bit trimmer than these tend to be, which is great for me. Love the dark hardware, love the fit, love that it's herringbone twill.

The Striped sweater they've had on the site has been sold out in XS for awhile, but my guy found one for me! It looks great with the chore coats I have, the Wellhouse leather jacket, and the LE P44 patched jacket too.

And I don't know if any of you are into bags, but they have a suede tote this summer that's amazing. Like butter.

cj610

Reaction score
Some great additions there! The chore coat looks great & you're right, it works really well with the sweater. Good on all counts................:thumbs-up:

kwonster

Reaction score
Stuff is here!! [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] So, surprisingly, the CCC pullover is a knit, not denim. It's on the left, with the Real McCoy's version of the same design on the right. It's a bit longer, and the collar is larger. It's a very casual look, extremely comfortable. It's oversized on me but I don't mind. Beautiful piece and a really fun twist on a classic design. Love the chore coat!! It's a bit trimmer than these tend to be, which is great for me. Love the dark hardware, love the fit, love that it's herringbone twill. The Striped sweater they've had on the site has been sold out in XS for awhile, but my guy found one for me! It looks great with the chore coats I have, the Wellhouse leather jacket, and the LE P44 patched jacket too. And I don't know if any of you are into bags, but they have a suede tote this summer that's amazing. Like butter.
Nice, really like the CCC pullover. Is that not online yet? My grizzly should be here by this weekend, hoping the weather will stay cool in socal so I can wear it for a bit before it heats up. Also, check your emails, I just received a 20% off code that works on all RRL stuff, will probably use it to get the suede yoke camo vest and jaspe pants.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
Nice, really like the CCC pullover. Is that not online yet?

My grizzly should be here by this weekend, hoping the weather will stay cool in socal so I can wear it for a bit before it heats up. Also, check your emails, I just received a 20% off code that works on all RRL stuff, will probably use it to get the suede yoke camo vest and jaspe pants.

Not that I've seen, no. Some of the stuff he sent me before they even put it on the floor at the store. Maybe this weekend? If much more time passes and you really want one, you might ought to reach out to a store, because I could see that being a piece that sells out quickly.

Congrats on the grizzly, and the coupon! I haven't received anything, fingers crossed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCeey