• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
It is always best to be able to try on the jeans, because they seem to vary in their fit.
OR, When you are back to the States... Call any RRL store, for your size, this way you know you can return them.... or plan a visit to the Ralph Lauren Mansion on Madison, they have the best selection of all the stores... make a day-trip of it....

http://www.doublerl.com

do RRL have anything remotely similar to a numbering system so I can tell if the fit is right (think Levi)? Haven't paid retail in ages
laugh.gif

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is always best to be able to try on the jeans, because they seem to vary in their fit.
OR, When you are back to the States... Call any RRL store, for your size, this way you know you can return them.... or plan a visit to the Ralph Lauren Mansion on Madison, they have the best selection of all the stores... make a day-trip of it....

http://www.doublerl.com

I think maybe the Japan jeans might have been a heavier denim but i couldnt tell (and cost about $150 more). They both looked the same and had the same tags on them. Besides the price the only difference seemed to be the guy telling me they didnt make anything under size 31. Which seems weird for Japan, and also seems weird because i got a pair from there three years ago that were size 30. Just want to know if theres anything special that makes the Japanese ones different

theRRshop

Reaction score
I would start with telling them your regular size, they will advise you how they run.
There is really no size charts for the RRL line of jeans.

Originally Posted by clee1982
do RRL have anything remotely similar to a numbering system so I can tell if the fit is right (think Levi)? Haven't paid retail in ages
laugh.gif

theRRshop

Reaction score
I've read that some RRL jeans are made in Japan.. on antique weaving machines.
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq...-kick-ass.html
And some are made in the USA... the difference can be there.

I don't deal with jeans because of the size differences..
Good luck... hope you find a nice pair that you will keep forever.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
I think maybe the Japan jeans might have been a heavier denim but i couldnt tell (and cost about $150 more). They both looked the same and had the same tags on them. Besides the price the only difference seemed to be the guy telling me they didnt make anything under size 31. Which seems weird for Japan, and also seems weird because i got a pair from there three years ago that were size 30. Just want to know if theres anything special that makes the Japanese ones different

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between slim fit and low staright in terms of front rise and back rise ?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a dedicated Levis STF LVC guy for over ten years but am thinking about trying RRL. So, should I buy them true to size or allow for shrinkage? I want a style that is dark, trim but not skinny and straight.

What do you recommend?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I've been a dedicated Levis STF LVC guy for over ten years but am thinking about trying RRL. So, should I buy them true to size or allow for shrinkage? I want a style that is dark, trim but not skinny and straight. What do you recommend?
pocketsquareguy, i would recommend that you don't buy them without trying on all the cuts and all the washes you can find. i have seen many pairs and the sizing can definitely vary depending on wash, cut, and run, though two pairs in the same run are likely the same or almost the same in terms of measurements. if you're buying from someone on here or ebay, ask them if they own a pair themselves and if their pair fits true to size. and then compare to jeans that you own and fit that have similar rise. the rise is important, you can't just go by waist size. sounds like in terms of cut you would probably want slim straights or low straights in a rinse or dark wash. as a cautionary tale, in the old old days (2005?) the jeans were vanity sized so badly that one had to size down quite a bit, and other times had to size up quite a bit. check out this thread on sufu for the evidence: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=14076

theRRshop

Reaction score
Does anybody have the new Cherry Bowery Boot in size 10?
New in box?
Don't bother checking the stores I already did that.
Thanks.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the new Cherry Bowery Boot in size 10?
New in box?
Don't bother checking the stores I already did that.
Thanks.

Check the RR shop on ebay. they got all the good RRL

theRRshop

Reaction score
I am theRRshop...
Thanks..

Problem is now solved.
Client purchased another Bowery Color from me.
The original Brown....
Thanks.

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Check the RR shop on ebay. they got all the good RRL

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great feedback. Thanks!

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
pocketsquareguy,

i would recommend that you don't buy them without trying on all the cuts and all the washes you can find. i have seen many pairs and the sizing can definitely vary depending on wash, cut, and run, though two pairs in the same run are likely the same or almost the same in terms of measurements. if you're buying from someone on here or ebay, ask them if they own a pair themselves and if their pair fits true to size. and then compare to jeans that you own and fit that have similar rise. the rise is important, you can't just go by waist size.

sounds like in terms of cut you would probably want slim straights or low straights in a rinse or dark wash.

as a cautionary tale, in the old old days (2005?) the jeans were vanity sized so badly that one had to size down quite a bit, and other times had to size up quite a bit. check out this thread on sufu for the evidence: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=14076

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone should grab these ... BNWT Selvedge Officer Chinos in 34 no affiliation ... these are the ones from last season. they are amazing and i had a pair in 28 but were still too big so sold on here. the new season's officer chinos seem to run a bit slimmer and are def softer though

went to polo mansion yesterday and they sent ALL of their sales to Soho store. cabbed to soho store and they had a bunch of sale stuff in every size. it was pretty sweet. grabbed a few RRL flannels for 75ish and finally pulled the trigger on the RRL Oxblood Raw Selvedge jeans for 105! they will prolly wont get worn that much but spring season is coming and they are light weight and at that price i can wear once in a blue moon and not cry about it.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those chino's are cut extremely full...too full for my tastes. While nicely constructed, the fit is extremely unflattering on bigger dudes... I could take them to a tailor, but honestly, I really don't think I'll get them to fit the way I want them to. But that's just me.

Can anyone confirm/deny the RRL oxfords, not the selvedge, are capable of shrinking? The L is just a bit snug at the chest, and of course the XL is a tad too loose.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Those chino's are cut extremely full...too full for my tastes. While nicely constructed, the fit is extremely unflattering on bigger dudes... I could take them to a tailor, but honestly, I really don't think I'll get them to fit the way I want them to. But that's just me.

yeah this is why i sold mine. i didnt have time to try the new season's officer chinos but they probably fit similar and not the way i want, even if it is slightly "better" this new time around

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
someone should grab these ... BNWT Selvedge Officer Chinos in 34 no affiliation ... these are the ones from last season. they are amazing and i had a pair in 28 but were still too big so sold on here. the new season's officer chinos seem to run a bit slimmer and are def softer though

went to polo mansion yesterday and they sent ALL of their sales to Soho store. cabbed to soho store and they had a bunch of sale stuff in every size. it was pretty sweet. grabbed a few RRL flannels for 75ish and finally pulled the trigger on the RRL Oxblood Raw Selvedge jeans for 105! they will prolly wont get worn that much but spring season is coming and they are light weight and at that price i can wear once in a blue moon and not cry about it.

ah crap, I wish I was still in NYC...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads