1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

someone had them up on grailed forever, maybe like 6 months. i can take some more pics if you're thinking about purchasing or if you wanna see something specific. i will say just wearing these around the house the brown

2. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

Hi all - I am new here but not to RRL. Been following their stuff since I bought my first pair of Officer Chinos back in '08 - still have them. Based in Europe, I buy most of my stuff online and occasionally from the Paris store. I am more leaning towards the Denim side of things but like to mix it up.

Just read the last 15 or so pages to catch up and I'm looking forward to the discussion and posting some of my stuff.

Cheers, JP
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Welcome JP!

So I just received the Morrow leather jacket from Fall in the mail and man, either this thing is cut funky or I got a dud! The sleeve length is 23 inches from the shoulder down and the chest seems extra boxy while the shoulder actually hangs off the top of my shoulder. It's like it's too big while being too small at the same time and I just keep trying to convince myself that "it fits like a vintage jacket" so I'll keep it. But then my gut keeps interfering telling me that a sleeve length showing almost 2 inches of my wrist, probably isn't good.

Has anyone else experienced this? I tried looking up measurements from other places and even that seems inconsistent (from 23" to 25") even when they're all size mediums.

I'm just hoping not all RRL leather jackets fit like this.

4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

sadly that is the fit. I had it in a medium and got rid of it because the back was above my belt line, the chest was wide and the sleeves were short (with those useless buttons on the cuff, whats up with that)

1 person likes this.
  5. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Thanks mate! I appreciate the help and info. I'm surprised at the cut of the jacket to be honest. But my wife says she likes the thing, so, who knows. lol.

How would you say the fit of the Mendoza is compared to the Morrow? Seems like the sleeves are a bit longer but the body looks somehow even shorter?

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Wish I could tell you! I've been on the lookout for a mendoza since I purchased a size too large when it was released. from what I remember it was still short in the body but not as awkward of a fit everywhere else

7. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

[​IMG]

Livingstons w jcrew chinos rrl french terry rrl deck jacket

3 people like this.
  8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Do you have a picture of the RRL deck jacket? Material looks sweet!

9. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. mildundklar

mildundklar Well-Known Member

It fits me perfect. Shoulder, arm, chest, waist & lenght.

I'm 5'9, 200 pounds. Athletic built.

My concern about the Morrow & RRL is the manifacturing in China. It just feel wrong. Sure, I got a decent price - but it seems to be standard with discount on RRL. That's a thing that draws my attention, and I would have been dissipointed if i paid full retail and saw the label MIC.

With that said. I'm not against china, more like the opposite. I work with import from China, but here's the thing. I'm proud of it, my companys work and we don't try to hide it.

For example

Garrett Leight for example. MIC - open about it
    Moscot. "The American..." - MIC (alot of products) - in my opinion - they try to hide it

Anyway. This has led me down to the jacket that inspired me from the beginning. The Real McCoys Steinbeck. To me it's not about the money, I need to feel satisfied, because in my mind, a leather jacket is something that should outlive me.

Hope you get my point and understand my english.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

You are certainly within your rights to feel that way about the MiC label, which appears on most RRL items. I initially felt that way when I first starting buying RRL stuff a few years ago. But I have found that my MiC RRL clothing, including leathers, is made to a very high standard and has worn very well.

2 people like this.
  12. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sized up (31 instead of 30) on these ones. Like Bethany said, waist is very very high (or bottom is very low).
    Matches pretty well with this winter yellow down jacket.
    Hope Nylon+cotton will not stretch too much.

2 people like this.
  13. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Well-Known Member

Love that combo!

1 person likes this.
  14. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

What shirts/tee do you like to wear under yellow down vest?

Really love the vest, but have trouble matching it with items other than army-green/olive shirts and some plaids with orange-yellow accents.

15. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Check this guy's instagram: www.instagram.com/olicongress

He has a few pics of him styling the yellow puffy.

1 person likes this.
  16. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Thanks!

Damn, that dude is much more stylish than I could ever hope to be.

The vest really works over a denim jacket. Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years!

17. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Need help with my first Jacquard Workshirt sizing attempt. What would the chest typically measure for an L and XL?

18. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

supply and advise extra 40 off sale, some RRL in there

19. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

Oli @olicongress is one of the big RRL ambassadors on Instagram.

Sureley you know already, but some others include @1lrg @kapiteinzeppos @jrod_dont_surf @unionofcraft @rrl_doublerl @denim_etc @indigobluegreen @robbieperu @union_brotherhood @punkpower76 @workers_and_gentlmen

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    2 people like this.
  20. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

With these olive pants : I wear a RRL indigo thermal tee. It works also with faded orange or faded red (RRL Tees) or heather grey (as pictured here).

[​IMG]

With any pair of jeans : it matches very well with olive thermal tees (as pictured here),

[​IMG]

or dark brown thermal tees or blue denim shirts or chambray shirts.

Bonus : for a more "italian" style : I also wear it over a brown tweed jacket. Very nice.

ok enough yellow ! :)

4 people like this.