• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

JayFS

Reaction score
Take a look. The design is obviously really similar to the moto jacket made for men pretty commonly in the past, but you can see how small the shoulders are and the button pockets. I've just never seen button pockets on a men's jacket before but have seen them on women's Rick frequently

It's a men's jacket and I want to say it's from Crust or maybe even older. I've also never seen the collared moto design for womens before.

eqqy

Reaction score
How does that work with the rest of the fit, though? I'm not as big but I've been looking at some of the jackets and it seems like anything that would fit in the shoulders would be crazy broad in the chest.

Especially when the shoulders scale by 1/2" and the chest by 2" each size you go up. I'm not sure 1/2" is going to make all that much difference in the shoulders.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my LCW Worker. The leather's pretty nice, and I really dig that it's unlined except for the sleeves...it's a relatively substantial leather, but definitely an SS jacket as far as warmth and heaviness goes. The leather itself is pretty bland and basic calf, and the silhouette doesn't work as well when the leather is still stiff, but I'm hoping it'll wear in well over time. I definitely liked the Brushed Calf I had before better than this LCW.

One thing that pissed me off: The first time I tried it on, a few stitches popped on the back of the underarm. I wasn't testing the seams much at all, but the threads broke clean in half as soon as there was any pressure on the shoulder. It'll be easy enough for me to fix with a needle and thread...the leather itself was totally unharmed...but I'm still disappointed that a $3000 jacket had an issue so quickly.

curiouscharles

Reaction score

One thing that pissed me off: The first time I tried it on, a few stitches popped on the back of the underarm. I wasn't testing the seams much at all, but the threads broke clean in half as soon as there was any pressure on the shoulder. It'll be easy enough for me to fix with a needle and thread...the leather itself was totally unharmed...but I'm still disappointed that a $3000 jacket had an issue so quickly.

*sewn in Moldova

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger that. Lesson learned. Expensive lesson learned, but lesson learned. I probably should've paid more attention to what I've read here and elsewhere...looking through the secondhand market, I'm far from the first who's had a seam fail at this exact spot.

I might just get a tailor to fix it then try to sell it off and hope I only lose a few hundred dollars. I think I'm done with Rick leathers for a good while after this. I'll still keep my eyes out for a black older-season calf Stooges, but that's gonna be it. I love Rick's cuts, but I'm not yet at a place in my life where I can brush it off easily when a purchase goes bad like this, which probably means I shouldn't be buying these things in the first place.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of selling my regular pods and getting Memphis pods, much more interesting, do they fit the same?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drkshdw 3% elastane pods vs drkshdw memphis (are there mainline memphis pods?), both cyclops. Btw thanks for the graphic level tee, am a big fan of re-porter.

Last edited:

Gustave

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to this tread, nice to meet you all.
I've a few questions about fit and sizing of the blistered leather bomber jacket.
  1. For what I've read in the tread so far, the blistered leather bomber are mostly in slim fit? So if I plan to wear it as oversized style I will have to go 1 size up or 2?
  2. Does the blistered bomber ever released in long version ? The ones I've seen from online shops they look very slim and short in cutting, just wondering if they have any long version like the long/jumbo bomber.
  3. Also I've noticed in the recent 2 seasons most bombers have 2 kinds of sleeves, the "raglan" and normal rick's sleeves. What difference does it make beside the outlook? Does the "raglan" bomber tends to be more slim/loose? Personally I prefer normal rick's sleeves based on looking but most blistered bomber I've seen from online shops are all raglan now...
  4. I've seen a bomber named "burnished suede bomber" on Mr.porter 2 or 3 years ago. Is this same as blistered leather but just in different name?
https://www.lyst.com/clothing/rick-owens-longlength-burnishedsuede-bomber-jacket-black/

I'm sorry if these questions are silly but if anyone who don't mind to let me know I will be appreciated :)

Espresto

Reaction score
I bought an unstable tee recently and now I'm thinking of cutting it shorter. It's not fitted enough to stack, so it just falls to my knees and looks odd. I know it's been done before, but the thought of it still worries me. Is it worth trying? If you've tried it, how did it turn out?

cloonz

Reaction score
@Gustave

I have one of the older blistered leather bombers - mine is same as the one on Mr Porter. The body is long enough to reach my wrist and sleeves are super long. I haven't seen any that are like the jumbo long bombers though.

filcol

Reaction score
Can someone give me more details about this jacket?

It's a hooded bomber jacket, but not the padded one. I can't find any better pictures of the model. Is it DS or Mainline? I think its from 08 or 09.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 52% cotton, 48% polyamide Memphis pods in size M? Apparently grosgrain is just corduroy, which is fine but would prefer nylon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads