• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad you enjoyed it Spence, last time I did it breakfast style with the lardon style bacon and egg and it was even ******* better I don't think I can order it regular style anymore (just don't do bacon only). (just said style 3x).

Had it breakfast style and **** me was it good. Looking forward to trying Short Order soon and seeing how their burger compares.

Anyone been to Short Order since it opened Friday?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Went to Rustic Canyon tonight, finally. Thought it was great overall, hype might have killed it a bit for me, because I wasn't totally blown away by the place, though I will return. Their burger was excellent, but put next to Golden State they are about the same for me, with GS having the edge. Might need to try RC again, maybe it will be better next time. Overall one of the top burgers I've eaten but I'm not salivating in the memory. Maybe Sunday isn't the best time to go.

Last edited:

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Dinah's and Honey Kettle are supposed to be the top in LA, but sometimes the best fried chicken I've had doesn't come from an actual chicken place. Wood & Vine does a great chicken and waffles but I wouldn't say "Go there for fried chicken."

Good CA burritos don't exist outside San Diego. Not sure what the purpose of one without guac would be (just a carne asada burrito with cheese and fries) but any place can custom a burrito for you.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dinah's and Honey Kettle are supposed to be the top in LA, but sometimes the best fried chicken I've had doesn't come from an actual chicken place. Wood & Vine does a great chicken and waffles but I wouldn't say "Go there for fried chicken."
Good CA burritos don't exist outside San Diego. Not sure what the purpose of one without guac would be (just a carne asada burrito with cheese and fries) but any place can custom a burrito for you.

yeah, i agree with the cali burrito thing, san diego is the only place you'll get it legit. but burrito king makes a decent one, the one in echo park

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The Wood & Vine chicken and waffles is legit.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

OK, OK, I'll shuttup! lol  but seriously...you're missing out!

You should follow your own advice. If you're a WOMM company then you look like a complete rookie asshole. If you're stupid enough to be from that abortion ebay company you're promoting, then you're probably stupid enough not to proxy your IP (which we already have.)

Last edited:

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone done brunch (or anything) at Scarpetta? Wondering if it's worth the $$$.

I think the pasta and desserts are excellent. Never been for brunch, but have had lunch there on numerous occasions. I prefer Bouchon next door 9 out of 10 times though.

yukihiro

Reaction score
I miss California burritos in SD in all their greasy, definitely not good for you goodness. I haven't tried Burrito King, but maybe I should...

My friends rave about the carne asada fries at some places here in LA but I think they taste horrible. I miss my SD sort-of-Mexican food.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I think the pasta and desserts are excellent. Never been for brunch, but have had lunch there on numerous occasions. I prefer Bouchon next door 9 out of 10 times though.

That's what worries me. I've heard great things of the spaghetti but the big push about the brunch (aside from the general free-for-all) is the dessert table and the cheese table. I'm having a hard time believing that those two things are worth paying double what lunch would be. It's not like I'm going to put away four plates of spaghetti.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
The staple at Scarpetta is their Tomato Basil Spaghetti and it is ******* to die for. The only thing I can imagine being worth a damn during brunch hours there is the dessert tray which is always very impressive. In that area I would rather do brunch at Bouchon.

EDIT: Anybody try Ink. yet? I have a res there next week and would love to hear any thoughts about it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads