• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

oh, easily. it's a 10-minute ride from civic center to the macarthur park station. figure in another 5-10 minute wait each way, you've still got more than an hour for your pastrami (hand-sliced, of course).
spice table is also really good. not as good for lunch as dinner (just sandwiches), and it is at the far end of little tokyo from where you'll be.
of course, another option would be grand central market. go to tacos a tumbra.

I went to Langer's and got the #19 and wasn't impressed. I'm thinking I ordered wrong, or somehow just got a bad sandwich. I can't imagine this many people are wrong. Is there a special way to order? Do I need to give them a second shot? Is it worth the hype?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not a big pastrami guy, but langer's pastrami is one of the best pieces of meat i've ever eaten. i have heard that people have been disappointed in it ... i think the deal is that they used to ONLY serve hand-sliced. now they serve machine-sliced, unless requested. this actually happened to me once ... i ordered the sandwich and it came obviously machine-sliced (thin, uniform slices). I said something about it and the waitress said that that was the new improved way they were doing it. i complained and they brought me back a hand-sliced (thicker, irregular slices). it was heaven. someplace like langer's, get the simplest pastrami sandwich you can. don't gunk it up.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ended up at starry kitchen. it was ok...interesting southeast asian rice bowl.......something different, didn't blow me away, more casual than i imagined. the owner of the place drops the F-bomb alot when talking to customers. :foo:

i liked that little plaza though. lots of wimmens in business suits.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Katz pastrami itself is amazing, better than langer's. As a sandwich overall, I may like langer's more because the bread and russian dressing makes a difference.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm not a big pastrami guy, but langer's pastrami is one of the best pieces of meat i've ever eaten. i have heard that people have been disappointed in it ... i think the deal is that they used to ONLY serve hand-sliced. now they serve machine-sliced, unless requested. this actually happened to me once ... i ordered the sandwich and it came obviously machine-sliced (thin, uniform slices). I said something about it and the waitress said that that was the new improved way they were doing it. i complained and they brought me back a hand-sliced (thicker, irregular slices). it was heaven. someplace like langer's, get the simplest pastrami sandwich you can. don't gunk it up.

langers for sure is best in LA, but no where close to Katz...

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe. he talked kind of fast, cool guy though...just kind of weird hearing him swear that much.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
food's pretty good at starry kitchen, but it seems like they're pushing the roy choi bad boy thing a little hard. only need one of those, thanks.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had Gjelina 2 go last night. insane pork meatball sandwhich...really good. a little on the small/expensive side though but taste wise it was on point.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

had Gjelina 2 go last night. insane pork meatball sandwhich...really good. a little on the small/expensive side though but taste wise it was on point.

I think this place is pretty good as well. I had some kind of really good rustic tuna sandwich. I still haven't actually eaten at the restaurant, but I plan on it.

I like the DogTown dogs truck that hangs out at Abbot Kinney. They have this great hot dog with fennel slaw and whole grain mustard. I always have them put a bunch of raw chopped jalepenos on it and it's really good. They also give you tater tots with your dog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads