The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the smog is what makes LA pizza so good. we can bottle it and sell it to other states so they can all open their own "california style pizzerias"

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

isnt that california pizza kitchen?

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Your guess is as good as mine. Kinda seems like a bunch of shit, I mean do they ship the water? I have no clue, but you hear it often, how about that new Bagel place on Beverly; Brooklyn Bagel Baklery, they claim the same shit. Probably just trying to pull a fast one on some lame Angelenos.

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

People are always claiming shit about water. I have a couple relatives convinced that their alkaline water Kagan systems have changed their lives. From my research it seems there is no scientific argument to support any of that.

I'm not a baker so I'm not sure how the PH of water could effect the dough, but I guess it could make some kind of difference. Or, it is a gimmick.

My favorite pizza in the United States is at Great Lake in Andersonville, Chicago. But I'll let us get back to Los Angeles.

I'm a pretty big fan of Pizzeria Mozza to go. It's a bit of change for a pretty small pie but I think they do a good job. I'm not saying this is New York pie, just an unrelated pizza comment.

I will try Jet's recommendation oh Johnny's next time I am down there.

For New York style pizza in West Hollywood, where I live, I like Joe's. It also happens to be downstairs from one of the best hole in the wall authentic Sushi Places, Sushi Park. It's one of my favorite outside Little Tokyo and I've mentioned it on here before.

End ramble.

Joe's on sunset (nothing to plan a night around, but a good place to get a slice): http://www.yelp.com/biz/joes-pizza-west-hollywood

6. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

There should be a warning posted here as a sticky for out of towners - METERS RUN SUNDAY.

stopped by Union for 20 minutes to cop some WM gear on sale, came out to a $58 parking ticket on la brea. Been a while since I've been in LA, but shit, I've never seen a city so vigilant when it comes to dishing out parking tickets.

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

They are good at it. Always read the signs. There are actually quite a few parts of LA and especially Santa Monica where meters aren't run on Sundays, but La Brea isn't one of them.

With the economy as it is and not just California, but other states as well looking for any way to add revenue, your best bet is to read the parking signs wherever you park, and not assume anything.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

You can't fuck around with meters around LA, at least they all take dc/ccs (love that shit) now so I don't have to carry change plus the fact that you can tell if a meter is expired or not the second you pull up to it (love that shit too).

I was mad as hell when they changed some of meters to function on sundays about a year and a half ago or so.

Not a fan of joes, used to have it occasionally at the og location in on broadway in sm. Need a couple slices right now of that fuckin pie from last night and some italian ice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  9. poly800rock

yeah, slowly getting more credit cards compatible. if you're around there, just park at am rag.

10. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Starting last month there's a lot on the corner of La Brea and 1st, that where we send all our shoppers at SELA.

11. poly800rock

that's good to hear, sadly your store is in the hell hole of parking in the afternoon. i dont think the meters have credit card in front of your store. But that lot is good news now.

12. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Yup, before this lot opened it was terrible for parking between noon and 4pm, but now with the lot on the corner it's great. And the rates are reasonable too, $1 an hour.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Not to mention the hell that can be residential parking around the store. Fuck West LA and permit parking. And while on the subject, fuck Pasadena and their Nazi 3-hour max ANYWHERE street parking regime.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It's Griffith Park, not late 80s Central Park. It's in a tucked away part of the park but not exactly rape alley. And there's always people there, especially on the weekends when people have BBQs in the old bear cages.

15. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Chego is doing a burger this week. Its sort of awesome. Its very similar in flavor to their prime rib bowl..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011