• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too $$$ for me. I went to the last regular season game and got in for $40.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest sports fan in the world. My boss is going as he has season tix and splurged on WS tix. Fun to be in DC I will admit!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a hectic weekend here. Baseball, USMC marathon, rain.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll drink around the park before the Saturday game then watch in comfort at a cheap bar (nowhere near Navy Yard).

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Halloween Party?

nah just a fancy party. open bar, suits and tuxes, foreign intelligence service officers everywhere, that sorta thing.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah just a fancy party. open bar, suits and tuxes, foreign intelligence service officers everywhere, that sorta thing.

Those embassy parties can be really hit or miss. My uncle used to be the ambassador from {insert country name} plus was a big wig at the O.A.S. so I've been to plenty embassy events over the years. It is usually better to walk with a date then go stag. A couple of weeks ago my best friend was at an event at Belize embassy. Normally that would be a winning plan because Belizean women for the most part can be quite breathtaking. Not that night though.

If I recall he stated: "Mud ducks as far as the eye could see"

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A863D957-E089-4A98-B2CA-46B5B1219E79.jpeg

White dress shirts last me two years max here in DC. These are now in the Goodwill bag. I splurge on Zegna, Finamore, and other nice Italian brands for blue shirts as they last a bit longer. Ledbury makes nice white shirts but I discovered iSuit here on SF. They have Sartorio dress shirts among some other nice brands.

Just bought most if not all of their 16.5 white and light blue dress shirts using ISUIT10SF for 10% off. First half arrived last week and they are very nice, second half arrives this week.

Anyway, go Nats!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads