• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we doing this on the 18th?

No idea as I don't recall hearing from others. I can set something up for that day (Saturday, Dec 18, 6-8pm) and see who wonders by. How about L'Annexe in Georgetown? It's a cocktail bar on M street that has a lounge in the rear that can accommodate a handful of people. If folks want something more central (and festive) then maybe Bobby Vans or Old Ebbit downtown - both will be strictly bar vs lounge seating from my recollection but they (especially Old Ebbit) are great this time of year. I will wait for feedback and decide on a final location in the coming days.

We went to The Smith many times in NYC before it opened here. I still go the Penn Quarter location quite a bit even though it's very loud. Surprised the U Street location is closing. Pandemic?

I always thought U st was a strange location for that restaurant - apart from Fainting Goat I only care to go to bars on that strip. It would have fit in better on 14th st.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea as I don't recall hearing from others. I can set something up for that day (Saturday, Dec 18, 6-8pm) and see who wonders by. How about L'Annexe in Georgetown? It's a cocktail bar on M street that has a lounge in the rear that can accommodate a handful of people. If folks want something more central (and festive) then maybe Bobby Vans or Old Ebbit downtown - both will be strictly bar vs lounge seating from my recollection but they (especially Old Ebbit) are great this time of year. I will wait for feedback and decide on a final location in the coming days.

I'm cool with any of those locations however L'Annexe sounds neat.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walked through Lafayette Park and thought I’d check out the WH. Good to be in winter CM!
A88716D0-34C5-4DEB-97EE-68CC77FF418A.jpeg

If you’re taking the time to protest you really should have someone competent proofread your signs.

45B57F1A-8BD9-4E68-BADD-48E031011CD8.jpeg

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked through Lafayette Park and thought I’d check out the WH. Good to be in winter CM!
View attachment 1717109

If you’re taking the time to protest you really should have someone competent proofread your signs.

View attachment 1717110
They actually spell the country that way in some languages, although it's possible she was referring to the jazz musician.

I like your coat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They actually spell the country that way in some languages, although it's possible she was referring to the jazz musician.

I like your coat
Funny!

Coat is a Brooks Brothers workhorse I've had for over a decade. Herringbone in their "Saxxon" wool.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50% off sale at Mythersea. In Munich with fast shipping and returns. Lots of fashiony-stuff but also CM clothes from Lardini, Caruso, RLPL, and Zegna.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
50% off sale at Mythersea. In Munich with fast shipping and returns. Lots of fashiony-stuff but also CM clothes from Lardini, Caruso, RLPL, and Zegna.

There's some nice RL stuff in that sale, RRL, Polo and PL....

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's some nice RL stuff in that sale, RRL, Polo and PL....
Between their summer sale and Black Friday I picked up a linen/silk overshirt and polo sweater from Caruso and a casual shirt and wool pants from Lardini. Very nice stuff.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Georgetown? :(

No, seriously, whoever plans gets to pick the location. My Christmas/NYE vacation starts at COB the previous day, so I'm okay with whatever time the majority decides.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's do this. December 18th at l'Annexe in Georgetown. Does anyone have a preferred time? I'm good with 7pm.

FYI L'Annexe got back to me and wants $400 upfront to reserve space in their back room for 2 hours. It will cover any drinks and food we order. It can be split after but I don't want to put it on my card plus we don't know how many will actually show up. Therefore, I suggest we do the bar or pick somewhere with a bit more room. Proper 21 on K st is decent and cheaper plus near metro. There's also the bar/lobby at the Georgetown Ritz - it has a lot of room, very nice and if it's cold enough their fireplace should be lit.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI L'Annexe got back to me and wants $400 upfront to reserve space in their back room for 2 hours. It will cover any drinks and food we order. It can be split after but I don't want to put it on my card plus we don't know how many will actually show up. Therefore, I suggest we do the bar or pick somewhere with a bit more room. Proper 21 on K st is decent and cheaper plus near metro. There's also the bar/lobby at the Georgetown Ritz - it has a lot of room, very nice and if it's cold enough their fireplace should be lit.

I'm sure we could run up a $400 bill but I'd rather not take that chance. Gentlemen's dinner last weekend was pretty expensive and I don't want a repeat.

I'm up for Proper 21.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads