• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One could also the only reason to be in shape is to get women. Once you already have one it's no longer a priority.
When you stop you die.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you've never started? Are you saying I'm really dead and don't even know it?
Yes, slowly transforming into an invertebrate. Can full jellyfish be far away?

Seriously, though, not exercising is a little like a slower version of a senior who takes a serious fall. Puts you on the path of doom.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, slowly transforming into an invertebrate. Can full jellyfish be far away?

Seriously, though, not exercising is a little like a slower version of a senior who takes a serious fall. Puts you on the path of doom.

I just find exercising to be so dull. I mean, I enjoy hiking and backpacking, so by default I get some exercise that way, but I don't pretend to do it because of that. I haven't been inside a gym since high school and don't intend to start anytime soon.

ETA - I'd rather die at 65 having lived life exactly the way I want to compared to living to 85 but doing it through eating boring healthy foods, not drinking or smoking and spending hours in the gym.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Private White VC in the rain in search of a Rye Manhattan. Figured the rain would keep the 20 -something’s inside. Wifey and I have decided the Brooks Brothers masks are ugly. They lose shape after a few washes and collect lint as well. Easy to breath through at least. Any recs on non-cloth masks?

View attachment 1435759

Agree about the BB masks, they start out great, easy to breath in, then once washed, they loose their luster. I am trying out Hertling next. I’ll report back once they arrive.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just find exercising to be so dull. I mean, I enjoy hiking and backpacking, so by default I get some exercise that way, but I don't pretend to do it because of that. I haven't been inside a gym since high school and don't intend to start anytime soon.

ETA - I'd rather die at 65 having lived life exactly the way I want to compared to living to 85 but doing it through eating boring healthy foods, not drinking or smoking and spending hours in the gym.
I know what you mean but I’m a bit of a zealot. Both parents died very early. I’m actually a few months away from age where my dad died of his third heart attack from smoking, poor diet, and no exercise. Army also conditioned me to enjoy physical fitness so I do get preachy.

I agree on the having fun bit. Beer rules!

Last edited:

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
One could also the only reason to be in shape is to get women. Once you already have one it's no longer a priority.
This is EXACTLY why I don't give a F! You hit the nail on the head!

They have surgery to fix those problems.

I am seriously considering this but more for my nipples. My 4 year old son does not have them and I want no nipples like him. Freaking useless nipples that stick out even when I was skinny. FML

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a gorgeous day after the early rain. Morning was like seeing Isaia at Needless Markup for full retail. Afternoon is like seeing the same Isaia on eBay for 90% off retail. :lol:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to the one at Friendship Heights on occasion. I have no idea how they stay in business. Their sportswear buys are horrendous. I assume that they have a concentrated client base that is willing to drop five, six figures in one visit.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to the one at Friendship Heights on occasion. I have no idea how they stay in business. Their sportswear buys are horrendous. I assume that they have a concentrated client base that is willing to drop five, six figures in one visit.
I have no idea how any of those places in Friendship Heights stay open. Does anyone actually go to the Prada store?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how any of those places in Friendship Heights stay open. Does anyone actually go to the Prada store?
Lots of money up in that part of town but I also wonder how they stay open. Especially nopw with City Center.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads