• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look!
It was a weird week, weather-wise.... the couple very cold days prepped us for a much milder Friday.

How are you liking the cardigan? (Its sleeveless yes?)

I have one in a brighter green, and haven’t been able to find much use for it. I think possibly a navy, or olive would be more useful.
Sleeveless. I like them for days that are cool but not cold enough for an overcoat. Nice look with jacket off and sleeves rolled up as well.

Now for a spooky-looking Rye Manhattan at the Green Pig. Wifey hiding off camera.

B36BF095-CB24-4656-B855-D5D2005B6776.jpeg

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some seriously nice stuff here.

View attachment 1501214
Wow! Quite the selection indeed.

Against my better judgment, I went to Trader Joe’s to pick up a few things for the coming week. It wasn’t as crazy as it could have been, but pretty busy.

Also got to sport my new tartan face mask.
93C7DC24-CAB5-4606-880C-5D6A1774AA3F.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Against my better judgment, I went to Trader Joe’s to pick up a few things for the coming week. It wasn’t as crazy as it could have been, but pretty busy.

View attachment 1501770
Can you actually breathe through that? There’s a reason Harris Tweed isn’t making masks! ?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1501770
I got two lbs of Phillip's jumbo lump crab when I was at costco seeking out the Blanton's. Doing crab cakes for Thanksgiving this year!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any one changing their lifestyle due to the COVID spike in the area? I don't have that much exposure to others; I go grocery shopping and get restaurant takeout a few times a week. I've eaten indoors in a restaurant twice and once outdoors. So probably not a big change for me.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one changing their lifestyle due to the COVID spike in the area? I don't have that much exposure to others; I go grocery shopping and get restaurant takeout a few times a week. I've eaten indoors in a restaurant twice and once outdoors. So probably not a big change for me.
We typically spend Thanksgiving with my wife's family in Baltimore but are cancelling this year. My mother-in-law frequently visits her 102-year-old mother in her nursing home so we want to be extra careful.

Haven't eaten indoors since March, outdoors a few times. But mostly been getting a lot of delivery from some pretty good restaurants. Got Mintwood delivered last night. I think I've been drinking more than I did before March? So I'm trying to do 1 weekend sober each month.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven’t changed anything since March when this all started. Aside from my office, home and voting, I haven’t been in a building since mid-March.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wifey and kid work/school from home. I’m back to normal work hours and was cycling in but switched to Metro with the cooler weather. Trains mostly empty. Homeless folks more annoying than usual as they have fewer people to bother, though. We dine out at least once a week to stave off insanity. Never inside, though. Getting used to eating out in heavier coats.

Also noticed I was drinking too much so only have beer in house for occasional post-work enjoyment. Still getting out to run which is nice.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1501770
I like the tartan. Where did it come from?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My office has a covid outbreak probably twice a month at this point. I am currently on a 2 week paid quarantine due to someone testing positive I interacted with. No visiting family for Thanksgiving or Christmas due to potentially getting sick during travel. At this point I'm just going back to my amateur chef mode like when COVID lockdown was at it's peak. Tonight I'm making Chinese crispy beef since I have a feeling I can make it better than takeout.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, not actually trying to be jerk here but Metro Center is a bit dicey now. A guy loudly asked me for money two weeks ago after he saw me give another guy a few bucks. I refused and he followed me through the station shouting and cursing that I was a Klansman, etc. etc.. By the time I got to my train he had loudly promoted me to Grand Wizard of the *** then stalked off shrieking and cursing. I'm sure dressing like "the Man" makes me a mark.

This past Friday a yellow vest wearing, no mask, literally slobbering and frothing at the mouth (seriously, no kidding here) guy was blocking the escalator. I took the one next his and he came from behind and hit me on the arm several times then tried to pull my gym bag off my shoulder as we were riding up. I rounded on him and forcefully told him to back off. He did but this one could have gotten ugly fast.

I always keep some $1 bills around for folks. I figure if they have to ask then they need it more than I do but I draw the line at personal space and physical stuff, though. If there were any Metro security folks around I would have reported. Yellow vest dude was clearly mentally ill of course.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads