• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Home Owners/DIY Thread

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post questions/feedback/recommendations/how-to's on various annoyances around the house/condo/mansion/pool house, you name it.

Since NYC seems to be getting a lot of snow and I've grown tired and frustrated with my pull-start snow blower, can someone make a recommendation on an electronic, or other, ignition based snow blower?

H

.bishop

Reaction score
homedepot.com has a little app that helps choose wahts best suits your needs.

i have a toro, taht me and some neighbors split. works great, and is a single stage i think 200cc, gas powered. we are flat, surfaced doing the side walks in front of our hosues and the drive ways.

in dc most the snow is wet and heavy, so we opted for that.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Ariens, Toro, or Honda (if you have the big bucks). I am rocking a vintage 1970 Ariens 5hp and I love it. So long as the carb is adjusted right, it still starts right up and blows pretty good. I am going to freshen up the motor with new rings next summer though.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post questions/feedback/recommendations/how-to's on various annoyances around the house/condo/mansion/pool house, you name it.

Since NYC seems to be getting a lot of snow and I've grown tired and frustrated with my pull-start snow blower, can someone make a recommendation on an electronic, or other, ignition based snow blower?

H

Already done.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=189468

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.