• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

Seminole21

Reaction score
Just saw this belted cardigan coming out for the Gant Rugger line. Is there anything out right now thats similar or will I have to wait?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they had it in blue and grey last fall season but it sold out in small sizes pretty quick or else i would have picked it up. it was pretty thin IRL so would have looked too feminine in my opinion in certain outfits but was pretty sick in other aspects lol

no idea in availability for right now

Jonah Silver

Reaction score
All - if anyone knows where I can source some Gant Rugger Cordster 5-pocket cords please let me know. I bought some when I was in the US in October and regret not buying 2 or 3 more pairs - now I can't find any online or ebay... help!
try calling the london gant rugger store on beak st...

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the sizes for Grant jackets?

XS Grant Jackets = XS Jcrew = XS banana?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peeped some nice blazers in the Georgetown store. One is a 60/40 linen/cotton blend royal blue jacket and the other is more like an 80% cotton one. Both very nice but too much at these prices ($500).

First, first hand experiences of quality?

Second, these are seasonal so I'm guessing late summer they'll go on sale? Hoping I'd be able to kop them for $300 or so.

Eyechild

Reaction score
Does anybody know how Gant Rugger's Oxfords fit compared to say, Uniqlo? (I'm a Medium in Uniqlo).

The Gant website says they're a slim tapered fit (and to size up from their classic sizing). Just wondered if anyone had any experience.

kentpope

Reaction score
Does anybody know how Gant Rugger's Oxfords fit compared to say, Uniqlo? (I'm a Medium in Uniqlo).

The Gant website says they're a slim tapered fit (and to size up from their classic sizing). Just wondered if anyone had any experience.

Haven't worn a Uniqlo shirt in a few years but the fit is reasonably similar. I wear a small in both.

svenjamin

Reaction score
I got the hopsack in Cotton for about 200 on a deep sale from Kitson, and I live in mine. Though the sizing is a bit off, had to wear a much bigger size to fit my shoulders.

White Lotus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Anybody have any experience with Rugger's sportcoats? Fit/construction/quality?

I'm kinda thinking of getting "the hunter" or "the cordster" but I haven't had a chance to see them in person yet.

They're really nice. Made in Portgual and properly canvassed.

That's a big point. There's plenty of jackets done in Asia which are technically "canvassed," but are still assembled like garbage and done with cheap wool. These are really nicely finished and IMO worth the money. I don't typically carry them because the $500 retail is a bit out of line with the rest of the Rugger product. We brought in two Bastian blazers though, and they are
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by aphextwin07
can anyone comment on the fit of the button-down shirts in the rugger line?

Fit is slim overall, but not quite as sharply tailored as our in-house shirting. If you take a Medium in Gitman Vintage or J.Crew, you'll most likely need a Large in these. The armholes are deeper than GV or Epaulet, but it just yields a somewhat more relaxed, but still slim shape. The "Old Loom" Oxfords are a great deal at $98. We're selling them like hell in the store.
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
I was bummed I missed out on the Billy Reid Shrimper jacket then Gant out does it with the Hiker Jacket. Cant wait to pick that up.

The Hiker Jacket is absolutely killer. Our best selling Gant item to date. It looks even better in person. And I appreciate that Gant Rugger does proper outerwear which good construction and materials. You can expect to get a lot of wear out of it.
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
^
seconded, also who is carrying the homerun jacket this season?

We're scheduled to get them in the next 2-3 weeks. It's the burgundy/cream color. I've got three on reserve already - please drop me a PM if you want to reserve one too. Their cutting for the season is super small.

How does the Hiker jacket fit? True to size?

Spyre

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the S/S 14 Gant Rugger "The Cable" sweater (ivory) in medium still in stock? I really like the look of it, but I haven't been able to find one for sale locally, nor through Google and Ebay. Everywhere seems like a dead end.

Thanks in advance!

Bellafonte27

Reaction score
Just picked up a few "Diamond G" oxford shirts and they're fantastic. They included a bunch of ivy trad details like a locker loop and a back collar button. Not to mention the collar roll and the fit are pretty sweet. Definitely worth checking out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads