1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by nerazzurri, Feb 15, 2011.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Whatever man. Whatever.

It sure is! [​IMG]

A Wembley!

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Dude you are so obviously biased in one direction that it's impossible for you to see things any other way. I'm not sure who here is a die hard fan of whatever team, but I get the impression several of us are just fans of football and neither team in particular. Which is why I think Messi deserves credit, and the rest Barca deserves to be flamed.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm tired of hearing about how "their way" is how football should be played. All I saw was 90 minutes of diving and crowding the ref, with 10 seconds of magic, thanks to Barca's little haxor demigod they have in human form. When Barca plays against smaller opposition, it's a beautiful display of attacking football, in classic Dutch form. But if they want to be thought of as being among the Dutch greats like 1995 or 1974 Ajax or other classy teams like 1970 Brazil or Di Stefano's Real, they need to bring the style to the big matches. As of now, Barca is a disgrace in big games against strong opposition and the more time goes by the more this is realized. I wouldnt be so foolish as to claim conspiracy, but for fuck's sake has Barca one a single BIG game without going 11v10? I can't think of any, but I'm an observer not a fanboy.

3. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

Yeah...but they didn't.
    Barca gets all the calls because they complain so much and surround the ref. It is sad. While I will say that they did play much better than Real, they need to learn to stop constantly diving and faking injury. Really, you need a stretcher, but come right back on? Sadly Barca will win the Champions League only because they will get all the calls against Man U. Does Pep include ballet in their normal training? That being sad, what Jose said was hilarious. That man really is special.

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Of course I'm biased. What's your excuse? And PLEASE don't make me laugh and say "I'm just an objective old fan.". Hahaha.

No one likes diving. I hate it. Both teams were excessive in this regard...today.

But Barça, "a disgrace to the game"?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] right. If you were truly objective, you'd throw some shit the other way, bit you didn't....cause you're not. That's MY point. Own up to it...it's fine. You don't like the guys in red and blue regardless of what they do. I can respect that.

It's a good thing you don't speak for everyone else, because you wouldn't be able to. This era of Barcelona football is easily considered one of the best in club history and another couple trophies this year is just going to move them that much further up the list. And no amount of you guys whining about "cheating" (which, again, L o l) is gonna change thatl

Seriously though...you guys are great. Keep it coming. I'll need some stuff to entertain me while I wait for the 2nd leg to watch my boys cheat their way to Wembley. [​IMG] [​IMG] great stuff.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Stop being so obnoxious. Are you 15?

I don't need an excuse to have an opinion, by the way. Apparently you do.

6. Tidybeard

Tidybeard Senior member

As a Liverpool fan, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I hope United win the final (I hate myself already for saying that) but last night's exhibition was a disgrace to football. Both teams cheating horribly, consistently and cynically.

Barcelona were significantly worse but they were both at it. Flinging yourself to the ground, screaming in agony and rolling over clutching your face/leg/whatever then jumping up and running around time after time isn't "playing the system" or "ok because they all do it". It is CHEATING and it sickens me.

The whole constant surrounding of the ref thing is a joke, too. Barcelona, in particular, don't need to do it. They are a wonderful footballing side and I really admire their skill.

As much as I admire him, Messi does get away with a lot. There were a couple of challenges from him late on last night that warranted at least a yellow. The fact that he puts up with a lot is irrelevant - a foul is a foul and it's not an eye for an eye in football.

Finally, embowafa - you're not doing your self any favours in this thread. I know the passion of this type of rivalry (you should hear me when we beat United) but defending your team at all costs doesn't help your credibility.

7. spencers

spencers Senior member

The game today was horrible to watch. Worst football I've seen in my life

8. benecios

benecios Senior member

It sure is! [​IMG]

A Wembley!

Are you going?

9. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

10. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

It really amazes me that a team like barca needs to resort to such acts for the result,as much as I love messi ,they do have some really classless players.i also hate that they all run to the ref,especially their keeper who runs halfway through the pitch to complain within 3 seconds when all of his team is already there..apparently there reserve keeper is not any better.
    Mou has really made a team out of real,this is not the same galacticos set up and mentality.for those who complain against his method,it's his way that tamed barca and he turns defending into an art form of the game as much as going forward is.Barca and Messi couldn't do it when it was 11 vs. 11 which is credit to them,stupid ref.

11. delakingois

delakingois Senior member

he turns defending into an art form of the game as much as going forward is.

Pretty much this. I hate when people (one in particular in this thread) say:

No, it doesn't. Being able to defend against this Barca is an artform in itself, which Inter pulled off beautifully last year (under Mourinho) and Real nearly did now (under Mourinho). Yes, up until the red card he did "outscheme" Pep. Oh, and Inter did it despite being given a very controversial red card against Motta. [​IMG]

Barca hadn't scored a goal in open play in the last four hours of this quadruple-El Clasico, and there really was nothing suggesting that they would either.

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Messi wouldn't have found the space for those goals if Pepe hadn't been sent off. Messi was totally out of the game for all 60 minutes while Pepe was on the field. Once that red came out, it was as good as over for Madrid.

which game are you talking about.

13. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

which game are you talking about.

The game from last night of course unless u believe Messi was actually effective in that game before the red?? As great as he is,Mou keeps him ineffective when it's 11 vs. 11.

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

The game from last night of course unless u believe Messi was actually effective in that game before the red?? As great as he is,Mou keeps him ineffective when it's 11 vs. 11.

i haven't seen an unsportmanlike and unprofessional team like real acting in the last years.

yes, i believe, that he was effecive as much as you can, when you're attacked by two or three players.

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

As a Liverpool fan, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I hope United win the final (I hate myself already for saying that) but last night's exhibition was a disgrace to football. Both teams cheating horribly, consistently and cynically.

My sentiments precisely. I'm against United because of the rivalry, but against Barca for the same reasons...

16. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

I need Dani Alves to teach me that awesome skill of stopping his leg in midswing and instantly swinging it the other way...perfect timing no less, with Pepe's studs just millimeters away (but not touching of course [​IMG] ) [​IMG]

that would be amazing...

17. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

why we are commenting on how much of a dick Dani Alves is and what a bunch of girls Barca players are for rolling around and conning the ref. It's not rocket science.

dunno. real asked for that. better a good dive than a injuring tackling. do you agree?

18. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

That is such a fair assessment of the game. Coming from someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to these two teams.

Respect.

+1

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Here's the tackle for anyone interested.

20. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

^ No contact whatsoever. A complete con and pathetic acting on the floor. Yet you still have deluded idiots like this clown below who defend this behaviour.

Wait...you.....you're not....implying that this wasn't a straight red...are you? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straight red my ass.