• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So like, the 45 fits like a 44.5? If so, I think I wanna get your pair.

Having squeezed my sorry foot into many a tiny shoe, I'd say 44.5, yes, although still on the narrow side, as CPs are.

Shoot me a dm and we can chat.

MrFingers

Reaction score
4F151BB5-CCB5-4821-9554-EE7EC94265C8.jpeg
Took me 6 pairs of impulse buys to realize I didn’t need 6 sneakers for a rotation lol. If anyone’s interested in any hmu. All are 42

Redbreast

Reaction score
Just received a pair of Track 80's from Bluefly which has been known to sell counterfits. Could someone tell me whether or not the soles on a known legit pair are glued in or not, because the ones that I have aren't

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to own a pair of the "Decades" low sneakers, and know how to size for them? True to size, or the typical one size down?

w2000_q60.jpg

Clappp

Reaction score
Hi all, I made an account here finally to ask this. I'm looking to purchase a pair of CP Combat Boots and I'm confused about the sizing. So far I've read that for CP, I should size down a whole size in general for this brand, but I've also read that some people buy TTS. Also, it seems like the advice applies to sneakers and I'm uncertain if the sneaker advice is applicable to the non sneakers. From the two sources I've read so far, one being this thread, it seems like sizing down one size is the way to go. I've also read a contradicting comment in a YouTube video doing a review of these boots that I should get TTS. Both are at least two years old. I hoping someone here has some additional insight on sizing.

Here are some of the shoes I wear:
Nike Jordan 1 - US 9
Adidas Stan Smiths - US 9
Vans Old Skool - US 9
Allen Edmonds - US 9.5D
Red Wings Iron Ranger - US 8

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i do the typical size-down-one in cp, including the combat boots

cp - 40 (achilles low, combat boot, chelsea, etc.)
mmm gat - 41
vans - 8
nike - 8.5
red wing 875 - 7

have admittedly never actually properly had my feet measured on a brannock, but i'm pretty sure that they've gotta be around an 8D or so, though maybe ever so slightly wide (hence the size up .5 in nike)

taking a 40 in both the cp combat boots and chelseas can leave my right pinky toe feeling pretty sore/raw, too, by the end of the day depending on how much i've walked

nauful

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a pair of CP from a very reputable online store in ASEAN (Zalora) a month ago. However, I just compared it to the ones in a retail store, and seems like my toe box is slightly more rounded and there are no brass nails when I slightly peeled the insole.

My question is; Do all CPs have brass nails and does CPs' toe box varies from batch to batch?

On the first pic; the left is retail pair (dirty as it is a try-on pair) and the right is my pair from Zalora.
Also attached are other pics of my pair.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-14 at 23.30.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-14 at 23.30.24.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 162
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.52 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.52 (1).jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 157
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.52.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 147
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.08.50.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 153
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.05.45 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.05.45 (1).jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 188
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.05.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-15 at 01.05.45.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 196

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a pair of CP from a very reputable online store in ASEAN (Zalora) a month ago. However, I just compared it to the ones in a retail store, and seems like my toe box is slightly more rounded and there are no brass nails when I slightly peeled the insole.

My question is; Do all CPs have brass nails and does CPs' toe box varies from batch to batch?

On the first pic; the left is retail pair (dirty as it is a try-on pair) and the right is my pair from Zalora.

I think your pair looks fine. Nothing looks obviously wrong.

The shape difference may be down to the fact that you have been wearing your shoes for a bit and the leather has stretched out.
As far as the brass nails, i've never pulled open the insole to check mine.

I wouldn't worry, enjoy your shoes.

nauful

Reaction score
Thank you! I didn't see much wrong either. But no brass nails kinda worries me as I'm planning to wear these long-term. I just emailed the website and they're sorting it out. Let's see :)

trailerswift

Reaction score
Legit check please !

I bought both pairs from Stock x, got the 41 but then the 40 because it was too big.
BUT ONE IS SHINER THAN THE OTHER LOLOLOL.

Which is the fake ? or are they both fake ?

The shiny one has more the rounded toe box but the numbers are more indented.
The duller one has the flat toe box but the numbers seem almost just stamped on.

IMG_9911.jpeg

IMG_9912.jpeg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Agree with the other poster. Another giveaway would be the sole. They should be identical, since the same size for margom would be the same all around.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cettire had a good sale on common projects but I was too slow. They were selling for $280 cad before shipping and duty

boibleu22

Reaction score
So i've been wearing my white achilles low nearly daily since I got them in early 2016, despite having a brand new pair sitting in a box just waiting to be broken in. Honestly, part of me doesn't want to retire them... I've worn them daily. I've worn them walking all across Spain in 2016. I wore them walking all across Paris and parts of the UK in 2019. They never once hurt my feet, despite putting in 25k-35k steps on most of those individual days traveling abroad (my wife and I really like to just wander).

To be honest, they still look pretty ******* great! We're taking a trip to Italy in the summer, and part of me wants to take them there, but I also feel a bit obligated to finally break out the new ones to start breaking them in. I also don't want to do that until I get another new pair to just have on stand-by... lol.

Anyways, just wanted to share. Has the hype died down for these? They're still my all-time favorite shoes, and i'll probably keep wearing them forever.

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpg
    IMG_4032.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 247

Yohaan93

Reaction score
So i've been wearing my white achilles low nearly daily since I got them in early 2016, despite having a brand new pair sitting in a box just waiting to be broken in. Honestly, part of me doesn't want to retire them... I've worn them daily. I've worn them walking all across Spain in 2016. I wore them walking all across Paris and parts of the UK in 2019. They never once hurt my feet, despite putting in 25k-35k steps on most of those individual days traveling abroad (my wife and I really like to just wander).

To be honest, they still look pretty ******* great! We're taking a trip to Italy in the summer, and part of me wants to take them there, but I also feel a bit obligated to finally break out the new ones to start breaking them in. I also don't want to do that until I get another new pair to just have on stand-by... lol.

Anyways, just wanted to share. Has the hype died down for these? They're still my all-time favorite shoes, and i'll probably keep wearing them forever.

Im literally in the same boat.

I've had my pair since summer 2016 and worn it everywhere in the world and they continue to serve me well.
Im scared of pulling out my new ones, and i have 3 fresh pairs in the closet!

For me, these are the most easy and versatile shoe i've had, and cant see a day where i'd be without them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads