• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Faustye

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I was told by the sales associate that they should feel tight and hurt a bit at first as you want them to fit snug. After doing that for 15 wears to break it in it should fit well...

Some other people mentioned the same thing too so I wasn't sure :p

Oh I should also note that I can fit a whole finger and a half when I am wearing 41s but only 1 finger (a bit less) with 40s. So I thought 41s were too big too haha

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm currently in a dilemna in sizing for low achilles. I have always gotten pairs in 42 for CP since I'm a size 9 in most shoes, however, I retried sizing on a 41 which fit much better yet a bit lose when leaving the laces untightened. I then tried a 40 which fit snug though caused some pain in the front area of my foot when laces were untightened. Am I actually a size 40 ot 41? Are you supposed to feel some pain when wearing CPs and is it supposed to be tight without tightening the laces?

Thanks SF!

it's an age old argument on this forum - TTS or size down? personally I go TTS in Achilles. you should not be in pain. if your toe touches or comes close to the front of the shoe then they are to small. tight across the width is less of a problem as they will stretch out after a couple of weeks of wear. they won't stetch in the length. if your foot is swimming in them, if there is heel slip then they are to big. laces are there for a reason - use them.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My achilles were never painful and I sized down half a size. That said they were never comfortable either. Don't think sizing up one would have helped, they're just not as comfortable as other sneakers.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep this very simple. I only purchase and wear footwear that is comfortable right out of the box. No break in periods of discomfort.

I find regular Achilles runs TTS. Sizing down one is definitely a no go.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I just went with the consensus to size down. In retrospect going up a half size might have been a better choice, but I don't think it would have made the shoe that much more wearable. And I have ideal feet for the achilles too, long and narrow. It's a shame because there really isn't anything like the achilles for silhouette it's just not conducive for walking around in that much imo.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually the same as you, a half size (UK 9.5) but I don't have narrow feet. I think if you do have narrow feet then going down will work. From page 1 of this forum:

someone mentions under this that normal feet should probably go TTS, not size down. I have tried sizing down, just didn't work in the toe box area - far to tight. This really only applies to original Achilles. Achilles Retro appear to fit one size larger than originals. B-Balls fit 1 size large. Tournament: still trying to work out whether to go TTS or size down?. Courts: I have no idea?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how a US size 13 with normal to narrow feet can get into a 45 in the achilles. I'm literally a shade over a 13--really only my right foot cause I have a big toe--and fitting into a 46 was very snug. In fact the heel cup/counter on my right shoe started to break down after a few months of regular use on account of the fit.

Not interested in the achilles retro due to the eyelets, and the B-Balls are just a bland profile to me.

djan

Reaction score
Do Achilles mids fit likes lows? I have a pair of white mids coming. Bought the same size as I have in lows.

Mugiwara

Reaction score
I've peeped questions about Woman by CP and regular CP sizing in regards to achilles being the same. But does anyone have any experience w/ the chelsea boots between them? I.e. eu 40 in Womans chelseas same as eu 40 in mens chelseas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads