• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In another twist, I also own this model in a Rain last:

Drawing from my previous experience I went to a size 9 rather then 9.5 expecting that it would fit exactly like my rain wingtips.

I was very wrong in that sense as these are much tighter.

Sorry for the long winded posts, just trying to contribute.

spicycho

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of balmorals/captoes on the Simpson last, as well as a Chelsea boot on Simpson? Safe to assume I can expect a Chelsea to fit similar to my captoe?

rc121

Reaction score

I have a wide foot of similar dimensions and 8 UK Rain works for me as well.

I would think this is accurate as well. I'm also an 8eee in AE and tried a 7.5uk in rain and it was too tight. I think the 8 would probably work for me.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would think this is accurate as well. I'm also an 8eee in AE and tried a 7.5uk in rain and it was too tight. I think the 8 would probably work for me.

Maybe one more useful data point, I am an 8E in the Alden Barrie. I just picked up my second pair of Carmina and I am quite sure the 8 UK Rain last is a great fit.

konda

Reaction score
How is the length and instep on the Alcudia, Oscar and Robert lasts when compared to the Simpson, which is in my opinion for those with a normal instep.

Last edited:

ar638

Reaction score
hi all. i'm keen on buying a pair of carminas as my first pair of good quality shoes and as i live in asia, i want to maximize the chances of ordering the right size first time around.

i tried a few oxfords at church's and dunhill, and came up 7 in both. i currently own some geox lace ups that are 41, and whole bunch of timberland loafers which are either US 7.5 or 8.0.

i emailed carmina with my foot measurements (25.7cm x 10.3cm for the left, right slightly smaller) and betty replied suggesting UK 6.5 in either rain or inca last.

slightly surprised as I thought i would be a 7.0 or 7.5 UK.

any thoughts?

thanks!

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi all. i'm keen on buying a pair of carminas as my first pair of good quality shoes and as i live in asia, i want to maximize the chances of ordering the right size first time around.

i tried a few oxfords at church's and dunhill, and came up 7 in both. i currently own some geox lace ups that are 41, and whole bunch of timberland loafers which are either US 7.5 or 8.0. 

i emailed carmina with my foot measurements (25.7cm x 10.3cm for the left, right slightly smaller) and betty replied suggesting UK 6.5 in either rain or inca last.

slightly surprised as I thought i would be a 7.0 or 7.5 UK. 

any thoughts?

thanks!

Not suprsied she is suggesting the smaller size--because she is also suggesting the wider last. This would be pretty normal - size down in length and out in width - if she thought you had a wider foot. I am going to guess that Betty knows better than anyone here what size you would wear based on the measurements.

ar638

Reaction score
thanks a lot for your feedback burton. i actually replied back to her and here is how it went:

me - "I am a little surprised at your suggestion of 6.5. Did you mean 7.5? As I mentioned I wear 41 normally which I believe is 7.5 in UK."
betty - "
Sorry in that case maybe 7UK , I really think that 7.5 UK is big for you. Maybe I am wrong."

hence inclined to go with 7.0 UK, and if that turns out to be too big, order the 6.5 UK.

must say its nice to be receiving very prompt responses from them pre sale. hoping its an indicator of post sale service!

Sergey

Reaction score
How the Forest EE last compares to the Detroit last? I want to buy Alden, Barrie last what size do you advise?

konda

Reaction score
Anybody has any input on Carmina sizing vs Meermin Olfe last?

I would say an Olfe UK 13 is about a Simpson in UK 12.5. Instep around the same, width around the same. I'd say overall the Olfe is a little larger in all aspects. Based on comparing the two together a week ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads