• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

booyaolian

Reaction score
I am 8D on AE 5 last (Fifth) and 8D on 2-222 last
It seems some people downsize 1.5 for Rain Last.

Should I go for 6.5D or 7D? They are currently offering freeshipping is there freeship back?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I down 1.5 sizes for rain last. However a funny thing did occur once where I have 2 pairs of oxfords both on rain in the same size yet they fit totally different.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to prove how tricky sizing can be sometimes:

Today I tried on a pair of beautiful robert lasted balmoral boots in a UK 10. My foot measures a solid US 10.5D.

I was expecting the boot to be large, yet the laces closed perfectly and the boot didn't feel big at all. I'm currently waiting for the store to stock the 9.5 (they ran out) just so I can try it on and make sure before I spend the money.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 8D on AE 5 last (Fifth) and 8D on 2-222 last
It seems some people downsize 1.5 for Rain Last.

Should I go for 6.5D or 7D? They are currently offering freeshipping is there freeship back?

For what it is worth, I wear a 9D on the AE 5 and 2 lasts. I wear an 8UK (standard width) in the Rain last Carminas.

booyaolian

Reaction score

For what it is worth, I wear a 9D on the AE 5 and 2 lasts.  I wear an 8UK (standard width) in the Rain last Carminas.
Do you feel the Rain last is too big though? I emailed Betty she recommend I go with Simpson last.
She says if I am a D then Rain would be a bit roomy.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you feel the Rain last is too big though? I emailed Betty she recommend I go with Simpson last.
She says if I am a D then Rain would be a bit roomy.

No, for me it is not too roomy (wouldn't wear it if it was). Maybe my feet are odd but I am very comfortable in the same size in the Simpson and Rain lasts. The Inca last is a different matter....

Last edited:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, for me it is not too roomy (wouldn't wear it if it was). Maybe my feet are odd but I am very comfortable in the same size in the Simpson and Rain lasts. The Inca last is a different matter....

Betty said the rain last is better for a wide forefoot and inca for a wide mid foot--guessing this is more volume than width.

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with sizing?

I'm looking to fit into a Rain last with a wide foot and high instep.

9EEE on AE Strand
9G / 9H on G&G
9G / 9H on Saint Crispin's (9G with H adjustments in a few places)

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone help me with sizing?

I'm looking to fit into a Rain last with a wide foot and high instep.

9EEE on AE Strand
9G / 9H on G&G
9G / 9H on Saint Crispin's (9G with H adjustments in a few places)

My Size
8EEE in AE Strands.
8UK in Rain and Forest Craminas

booyaolian

Reaction score

I see, thanks. I guess I could only buy and see...I probably will try 6.5D and see if it fits.

DayTripper

Reaction score
I have a pair of shoes in the Rain last size 6 and they only just fit. I have a low instep and I the shoes fit, but the quarters are completely closed when laced and the heel slips very slightly in the morning. Throughout the day, the heel slippage is negligible if not completely corrected. I'm trying to figure out my size in Simpson - does anybody have any advice? Is it likely that I would take the same size in both lasts?

spicycho

Reaction score

my feet are definitely odd but I take the same size in Simpson and rain as well. Simpson feels a bit more snug in the vamp but both are comfortable.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's an odd scenario for the last 2 posters:

I have these 2 models, black oxford is Simpson lasted and brown is rain lasted.

I take a Simpson in 9.5 UK and I had also initially purchased this rain lasted wingtip in a 9.5. Let me tell you I was swimming in this thing, and my foot is a borderline wide width.

[/IMG]

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the rain lasted wingtip

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads