• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many things denim!

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
I finally had the chance to visit Unionmade in person. Besides all the Blue Blue Japan on sale they ave a JS Homestead collaboration with interesting indigo goodness. I picked up a lightly quilted indigo died vest, which is a lightweight alternative for a quilted vest that BBJ had/has out:

My sashiko hunting jacket is going strong and I can't believe that I almost sold it to LA Guy. All the sashiko jackets from these past couple of seasons have been a lighter shade of indigo, but I really love how much depth the darker fade has. I believe I've had it for three years and it still bleeds.

You can see it better here with my friend Pam. For those who like all things blue, it's a good account to check on ig @pamhomme.

Also indigo related... I had a great time with the guys from Dr Collectors at their shop The Trading Post. It's another brand for people who like walking around with blue hands. It's a small place in LA with a southwestern x japan x french vibe. Has anybody else checked their products out? I hope they start updating the website with all the blue stuff they had there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally had the chance to visit Unionmade in person. Besides all the Blue Blue Japan on sale they ave a JS Homestead collaboration with interesting indigo goodness. I picked up a lightly quilted indigo died vest, which is a lightweight alternative for a quilted vest that BBJ had/has out:

My sashiko hunting jacket is going strong and I can't believe that I almost sold it to LA Guy. All the sashiko jackets from these past couple of seasons have been a lighter shade of indigo, but I really love how much depth the darker fade has. I believe I've had it for three years and it still bleeds.

You can see it better here with my friend Pam. For those who like all things blue, it's a good account to check on ig @pamhomme.

Also indigo related... I had a great time with the guys from Dr Collectors at their shop The Trading Post. It's another brand for people who like walking around with blue hands. It's a small place in LA with a southwestern x japan x french vibe. Has anybody else checked their products out? I hope they start updating the website with all the blue stuff they had there.

Yeah, I ended up getting a chore coat, NWT, for about $200, so we all won.

Hey, did you see the "heavy vest" with the shawl collar, in a 3 or so, at the Unionmade saie? Would proxy for real.

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Yeah, I ended up getting a chore coat, NWT, for about $200, so we all won.

Hey, did you see the "heavy vest" with the shawl collar, in a 3 or so, at the Unionmade saie? Would proxy for real.

I don't remember seeing the vest. They had a lot of shirts and t shirts. The outerwear I remember: shawl collar cardigan, a nice matching printed blazer + pants combo and a heavy boiled wool blazer. I can't find it on the website anymore but a month ago when I was there they had many sizes left of everything.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
@soqueriaterum Not a BBJ but did u happen to see the Journal Standard indigo linen shop coat?

soqueriaterum

Reaction score

@soqueriaterum Not a BBJ but did u happen to see the Journal Standard indigo linen shop coat?
LL
Yes! They had it in every size. It fits really big. I sized down 2 sizes from a 4 to a 2 for a good fit with it open. It's very lightweight and breezy.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Yes! They had it in every size. It fits really big. I sized down 2 sizes from a 4 to a 2 for a good fit with it open. It's very lightweight and breezy.
Awesome! Exactly what i want with it being breezy & light weight. Whats the color look like IRL? I know its washed but I hope its a lil more blue IRL

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyeing up the polkadot bomber on TBB, but making do with this BBJ t-shirt that just arrived (it is so soft). I felt kinda dirty pairing it with skinny jeans and jodhpurs after always seeing the brand styled in a work-wear/heritage say, so know that the heresy is at least in part already acknowledged

White Lotus

Reaction score

Eyeing up the polkadot bomber on TBB, but making do with this BBJ t-shirt that just arrived (it is so soft). I felt kinda dirty pairing it with skinny jeans and jodhpurs after always seeing the brand styled in a work-wear/heritage say, so know that the heresy is at least in part already acknowledged
where did u get the t shirt?

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did u get the t shirt?

Ebay, no idea which season it's from.

Was looking at their A/W collection earlier, some really nice pieces (link here for full breakdown and prices in Yen):

(that suit looks killer)

There's also a really cool jacket -

And this may be the first ever hat of this style that I've thought looks cool (featured on the model in an above pic):

Thought this thread could do with some love!
shog[1].gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The standout men's piece of the season (IMO) is up now - sashiko hunting jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads