• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those Augustas you wanted from Atelier are on ebay- seems like someone bought them and is trying to resell. I think he has two 10uk's.

wow thats pathetic, i had atelier offer them tom me for around 700, those augustas are just not as good as the others, also they were a 45

i don't recommend anyone buying those at 1499

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey Ivwri (and everyone else trying to figure out augusta sizing), my boots measure approximately 12.25" long, including the turned-up toe, and 4.25 at their widest, and I believe they were marked as a UK9. However, like Eck said, that's probably not a very good way to size except very vaguely, and I would guess that they actually are a bit roomier than that because of the slightly raised toe-box.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here's a collection of stockists for Augusta, CCP, Guidi, and MA+ that I've gathered while looking for new boots. I haven't found anything I'm ready to pull the trigger on but am looking forward to seeing more of Augusta's AW11-12 collection. The list is definitely not exhaustive.

Does anyone know of best priced places to buy Guidi (for a person in the US).

PN\P has fallen through for me in their oblivious customer service, prefer to pay an extra $100 and have a better return policy at this rate!

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know of best priced places to buy Guidi (for a person in the US).
PN\P has fallen through for me in their oblivious customer service, prefer to pay an extra $100 and have a better return policy at this rate!

What was wrong with PNP if you don't mind? I've ordered from there before on multiple occasions and had nothing but fantastic service all around.

As for US stockists, you can go with Archive SF, Atelier, Maxfield, and I believe by George in Austin carries them as well. But no store in the US is going to have pricing comparable to that of Italy.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What was wrong with PNP if you don't mind? I've ordered from there before on multiple occasions and had nothing but fantastic service all around.
As for US stockists, you can go with Archive SF, Atelier, Maxfield, and I believe by George in Austin carries them as well. But no store in the US is going to have pricing comparable to that of Italy.

PN\P just doesnt have what i want right now, their return policy is only store credit, but other than that they've been ok. The annoying part is i asked about the guidi 998 and at no point did the guy mention he only has grey, kinda annoying that he didnt say that right away, i had to reply in email and ask specifically about the colors.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 about PNP- I just spoke to Luigi this morning. Always good with me.

By George has the lowest pricing in the USA from what I've seen.

The boys at PNP can special order what you want too. :)

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 about PNP- I just spoke to Luigi this morning. Always good with me.
By George has the lowest pricing in the USA from what I've seen.
The boys at PNP can special order what you want too. :)

yea i may look into that but its the return policy that gets me, sizing is hard and if i dont get it right then i loose 15% automatically when i resell.

@Winston, i am looking for best pricing not US stocklists, US is going to be most expensive because of import fees and etc

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 45 in MMM GATs (comfortably snug) and a 45 in Augusta backzips (more roomy) but it seems like Augusta-sizing isn't very predictable.

Hey Ivwri (and everyone else trying to figure out augusta sizing), my boots measure approximately 12.25" long, including the turned-up toe, and 4.25 at their widest, and I believe they were marked as a UK9. However, like Eck said, that's probably not a very good way to size except very vaguely, and I would guess that they actually are a bit roomier than that because of the slightly raised toe-box.

Thanks for the information chaps. :)

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stockists in the US all charge around the same price (which is what I was getting at). The only one that is 'slightly' better is By George but they always carry a very limited amount. But if it's the return policy you're afraid of, then you'll definitely have to shell out a bit more dough to get a good one. (If the US stockists will even give you a full refund and not store credit)

I've custom ordered from PNP multiple times and it went extremely smooth. Guidi honestly isn't as hard to size as everyone thinks. I always buy two sizes up and I've always been happy with the fit.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The stockists in the US all charge around the same price (which is what I was getting at). The only one that is 'slightly' better is By George but they always carry a very limited amount. But if it's the return policy you're afraid of, then you'll definitely have to shell out a bit more dough to get a good one. (If the US stockists will even give you a full refund and not store credit)
I've custom ordered from PNP multiple times and it went extremely smooth. Guidi honestly isn't as hard to size as everyone thinks. I always buy two sizes up and I've always been happy with the fit.

gotcha

for me with guidi its the toebox that i am not sure i can handle, i like a bit more room in the front

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are horse- I used to have them. They are an older version (back from when Guidi was using RiRi)- runs TTS IMO and not like Guidi today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads