1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

How can you say no, brad

Just look at that texture

2. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

if you just wore pythons on your feet do you think you'd get eaten?

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^lol that is a weird feeling to imagine

4. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

I am kinda stuck between the first and 2nd pair:

The first looks really awesome but i'm not sure how versatile the red piping will be (opinions anyone?)

And the 2nd is horse culatta which seems to be the prefered A1923 leather.

I love the A1923 leather treatment and for some reason, I really really like the upturned toebox.

M.A+ just seems a bit too simple for me and I generally dislike the way the sole is a different colour from the uppers. If you do have suggestions Ill take a look though, havent really been focusing on M.A+ boots.

dint consider other shoes because i am a tiny size 40. My Guidi 988 size is a 40 in soft horse, so you can image how hard it is for me to fit other brands (especially CCPs). A1923 works fine because of the upturned toebox

5. MS007

MS007 Senior member

I love how everyone keeps saying brad should go for those pythons, just because he has a jacket with anaconda lapels.

That being said, go for it, brad! These are absolutely beautiful.

Ariiam, I like #2. Versatility of #1 will strongly depend on how you are going to wear them.

Has anyone here owned Guidi slippers?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  6. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

Hi Ariiam,
    I have #1, and I have the fatto a mano version of #2 from previous season (shorter shaft). I also have the a1923 kudu backzips. All fantastic, and all my most-worn boots, but as has been mentioned here by some more experienced than I, your choice depends on the context in which you will be wearing them. I wear them all to work, where really unsavory things can happen to one's boots, and I wear them to social functions, too (well, I guess unsavory things can happen there, too, but of a different nature). If you want one pair to cover a number of different environments/situations AND a number of different personal moods, #2 is probably your best bet (but damn, those #1's are sweet with that little bit of bloodred peeking out from the soles). To me, the backzips have more of a stylishly bad-ass feel to them, and I love and wear them a lot. I like the Layer-0 suggestion, too, in part because Alessio just makes amazing footwear, but also because of the versatility consideration. Simple and solid, but quite elegant. I find myself saving mine for "special" occasions more than I do my a1923's.
    My final recommendation is to buy more than one pair. Then the only question to answer is which pair to wear on a given day.
    Good luck. Let us know which you pick!

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you are a size 40....

You know that opened you up to a variety of great brands from japan such as WJK, Jun Hushimoto, Lien, Devoa, Attachment, etc. Now if you are set on a1923 then never mind what i said, its something to consider.

As far as the lace up in question just get the a1923 you like more and call it a day. :)

8. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Those pythons are ugly. Brad, you should totally grab them.

Aariam: based on the fit pics posted by you here, I personally think that something kike KK Attachment and/or Alexandre Plokhov would suit your style better than Augusta. Devoa would be a good choice too. From those Augustas I like # 1 and hate the other 2.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  9. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

SS14 A1923 (HLorenzo)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Didn't get a chance to stop by Jesse, woke up too late :embar: Sorry about that.

Went to another cobbler that i regularly go to and will probably get my Guidis vibram there unless i am missing something that Jesse does specially. Going to be tough to get a white topy/vibram as the cobbler said the color may not be produced anymore =\

Also, anyone care to share why topy/vibram instead of having it resoled? Is it because you do not want to lose the original sole when it gets replaced with a generic one (unless you somehow managed to send it back to the original manufacturer of the shoe)? On the CM side members always prefer something like a goodyear welt due to the ease of having it resoled. According to my cobbler, his honest opinion is to have the footwear topy before damaging the sole any further, which may lead to the vamp and upper leather to loose shape further you wear down on the original sole. Or is this all just personal preference? It seems in SW&D people tend to like to preserve the original sole e.g. Guidi footwear whereas on the CM side members like the extra peace of mind knowing they can resole their shoe later down the road, which leads one to think that rarely do they go get a topy/vibram put on the shoe. CM would rather just buy a pair of rubber soles from the beginning. This all leads me to think it is just personal preference. I also asked about toe and heel taps that some may add to their sole. Cobbler explained toe tap is probably a waste of money because it can easily come off due to how one steps (my toe gets run down quicker than the ball of my foot). You can easily kick it off. But to me that really defeats the whole purpose of a toe tap, which is to preserve the front toe of the shoe from wearing down quicker. It is different than a heel tap as it stays more secured.

11. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Those A1923 are actually pretty cool. Red sole tacky as hell tho

12. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Kudu leather on those thicker and softer than Guidi donkey boots (only other baller boot I've seen)
    Toe is more bulbous, not a sleek boot at all.

13. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

I wear a 39 in cp achilles, are there any brands of baller boots that make shoes that would correlate to a 39 in achilles?
    most stores dont seem to carry lower than 40 and sometimes if there is a 39, they fit bigger

help a small feet out

14. MS007

MS007 Senior member

I would really like to know if anyone has experience with Guidi slip ons and can tell me about fit, quality and lifetime. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  15. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

I don't think there was ever really any significant discussions about the loafers in sf, but I know a few were up for sale in sz. IIRC, every single seller said they run TTS unlike most guidis.

16. kloss

kloss Senior member

17. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. kloss

kloss Senior member

was so upset that i everything i wanted from atelier was sold out that in a moment of madness, i seriously considered getting these mutant guidis as consolation

[​IMG]

what have you done to me SF? [​IMG]

but srsly atelier online sales suck. i ask them if they have something in stock and they reply saying that it is. i ask them to send me a paypal invoice 10 minutes after they sent their email and then they ignore me for a day and a half. then i send another inquiry through the website and some other CS person replies saying that it is out of stock. why did the first CS person not send my invoice and reserve my item?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

they are closing down, you can't have any expectations now

1 person likes this.
  20. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

It's still not an excuse for shitty customer care. It really demonstrates that their initial care and responsiveness was not sincere at all. It's like - fuck those customers, they're not gonna be buying anything from us any more cos we'll be closed down so why even bother replying to them.

1 person likes this.