• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

tellure

Reaction score
Some older looking Guidi's from Yahoo Japan.. thought the leather looked kinda interesting. Most of the new stuff is all black, grey, and white.. except for that new burgundy that is.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody is considering the older style Guidi's (w/ RiRi zips) They are more less TTS, no need to size up.

Last edited:

tellure

Reaction score
Sadly, I have to sell the one pair of Augusta's I bought (off eBay). Thought I could make the larger size work with a thick insole but after some walking around outside they're just too loose on me. Sucks because I've been trying to find a quality pair of boots with in this color forever, and goddamn the leather on these is nice. I'm now an Augusta convert.

Someone mentioned earlier it's OK to post appropriate personal sales here since this stuff is hard to find? If not, lemme know and I'll nuke this from the post.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/305296/...auburn-leather-size-10-5-marked-42-fits-large

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ you can just order some Guidi 698 in that color. Pick you leather type too. Maybe col 6?

HORSE01-1.jpg

Last edited:

tellure

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the swatches. It's a good suggestion.. and I want to like Guidi, the quality is great, but after trying on a pair at H Lorenzo, I gotta say I just don't like the shape that much - mostly the sole, not much contour. Also the upper I guess.. because it's so soft and mold-to-your-feet it's very floppy and doesn't have much of a defined silhouette. Maybe I just need to try a pair with some stiffer leather, like the older ones above.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I posted those a while back... surprised no one has gotten them yet.
Layers London is having a sale, and A1923 is included! Cut off the VAT, and they are really good prices....

right i thought someone threw it up in the thread but i wasnt sure

curiouscharles

Reaction score

nothing exciting imo
way cooler =

sinnedk - i'm going to have to bud in here. in pictures, the shoes you posted might look more interesting, but the first pair of augusta derbies in question are maybe the most perfect iteration of that style of derby Simone has ever done. This is a simple case of needing to see them in person to understand. The subtle amount of variation across the [two ply] leather-work of the first pair is really impossible to describe. i had a few clients come in months after buying them, and getting to witness the toebox's evolution after they had worn it to their individual feet was really something special. the proportions of the shoe after it had been user-molded was almost unrecognizable.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sinnedk - i'm going to have to bud in here. in pictures, the shoes you posted might look more interesting, but the first pair of augusta derbies in question are maybe the most perfect iteration of that style of derby Simone has ever done. This is a simple case of needing to see them in person to understand. The subtle amount of variation across the [two ply] leather-work of the first pair is really impossible to describe. i had a few clients come in months after buying them, and getting to witness the toebox's evolution after they had worn it to their individual feet was really something special. the proportions of the shoe after it had been user-molded was almost unrecognizable.

i get what your saying, for me it was an issue of how the lace area comes up and it seems visually to me like the shoe should of kept going into a short boot whereas the pic i posted is more of a clear cut derby, now this is all subjective opinion and i have not seen the shoes in person... it was just my 2c

btw you getting any ma+ bison backzips (double leather sole) in a 44 anytime soon :) if so, you have a buyer

curiouscharles

Reaction score

i get what your saying, for me it was an issue of how the lace area comes up and it seems visually to me like the shoe should of kept going into a short boot whereas the pic i posted is more of a clear cut derby, now this is all subjective opinion and i have not seen the shoes in person... it was just my 2c
btw you getting any ma+ bison backzips (double leather sole) in a 44 anytime soon :) if so, you have a buyer

it's true, the upper is a touch higher than any regular derby, and it's perhaps this reason why i enjoyed its appearance so much when worn. it looks much similar to a boot when a jean or trouser falls over top, yet retains its derby-like toe proportions, a really interesting piece.

nothing i'm able to announce about m.a+ at the moment, but every week yields new revelations...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's true, the upper is a touch higher than any regular derby, and it's perhaps this reason why i enjoyed its appearance so much when worn. it looks much similar to a boot when a jean or trouser falls over top, yet retains its derby-like toe proportions, a really interesting piece.
nothing i'm able to announce about m.a+ at the moment, but every week yields new revelations...

i will be checking...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads