• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem of Guidi boots somehow feeling simultaneously too short and too long?

Yeah, that happens to me with the 788s every time I try them on. (I've actually considered sizing down to my actual size, since they do tend to stretch a bit, but have yet to attempt that.) I've had ok luck with stiff insoles in a pair of secondhand 788s.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Object dyeing: ***** up sizing when you least expect it.

make_out

Reaction score
I gave up on guidi. I had to size up 2 for 988 and 1.5 for 788z or whatever so after numerous attempts I stick to CCP n L0 for the most part.

I've only owned one pair of Guidis (the ones in question) but my hopes aren't too high for trying other pairs. A lot of MA+ designs have been catching my eye, is their sizing TTS and consistent? I usually shop secondhand so trying things on isn't an option unfortunately.

And thank you all for the replies!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've only owned one pair of Guidis (the ones in question) but my hopes aren't too high for trying other pairs. A lot of MA+ designs have been catching my eye, is their sizing TTS and consistent? I usually shop secondhand so trying things on isn't an option unfortunately.

And thank you all for the replies!

Ma+ fits large, 44 is like a 44.5/45, so go off the measurements. I am selling a pair of backzips if you are interested.

make_out

Reaction score
Ma+ fits large, 44 is like a 44.5/45, so go off the measurements. I am selling a pair of backzips if you are interested.

With the price point of MA+ I'm worried about it fitting too snug, would you happen to know your foot length in cm? Lol.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the price point of MA+ I'm worried about it fitting too snug, would you happen to know your foot length in cm? Lol.

foot length or outsole of boot?

if my foot then 27.94cm which is 11inches from big toe to back of foot

make_out

Reaction score
foot length or outsole of boot?

if my foot then 27.94cm which is 11inches from big toe to back of foot

Yeah sorry, I meant the actual foot haha. Mine measures just a hair over 29cm, which depending on where I look is 12/12.5, so I'm not confident your boots would fit me ): I think I've seen them on Grailed, they look incredible. Like a sleeker and sturdier 788z or something along those lines.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, I meant the actual food haha. Mine measures just a hair over 29cm, which depending on where I look is 12/12.5, so I'm not confident your boots would fit me ): I think I've seen them on Grailed, they look incredible. Like a sleeker and sturdier 788z or something along those lines.

hmm yea that's an inch difference, if you were closer to 11.5/12 id say they'll fit but 12/12.5 i am not as confident.

and yes exactly i got the ma+ because they are structured, can't stand the slouchy sock look of guidi

JustWilliam89

Reaction score
What do people think of these? They look like a potential ***** to install/remove as I don't think there is a cheater zip.

Seller says they are Guidi 998, new in box. But I can't find any other photos on the web showing a high lace like this as being a 998. So I'm wondering what's up.

Does anyone still have these 997 boots? I brought them in brown suede and am looking to get them in full leather.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OG Carpe Diem S23M brown reverse calf size 45
i-img528x586-1560479724j3hjtm631.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads