• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ The Greenwich haven't been shipped. I'm still waiting as well....

prez

Reaction score

Ravello PT boots today

Congratulations.
They are amazing.

as we are both fans of the Modified last how about this description given to me by a friend working at Alden.

"The Modified last is quite a special last and I would not compare it to other lasts. That means, the fitting qualities are unique to the last.

It is designed to give a narrow foot more arch support, so yes, that is why you feel taller - the heel, the inside heel counter, the tight "waist" area of the shoes all gently push your arches upwards, relaxing the insides of your legs and making you back more relaxed as well. And as your arches are pushed up, the toes fall forward and inward - so, again yes, we built more toe room into that last. And THAT is why the sizing is different, because your toes are not exactly extending forward, but rather,falling towards the inside of your body. It feels like a massage all day long, doesn't it ?"

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The Greenwich haven't been shipped. I'm still waiting as well....

Those are on the 2015 wish list for me but the time it's taking for you guys to get your pairs I think I need to adjust my hopes to 2016 for another preorder to pop up.

Unless a 7.5D or E member is having second thoughts on them haha

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Those are on the 2015 wish list for me but the time it's taking for you guys to get your pairs I think I need to adjust my hopes to 2016 for another preorder to pop up.

Unless a 7.5D or E member is having second thoughts on them haha

I thought I would have had them on my feet late last year... Oh well.

Jalt

Reaction score
I got my first Alden and trying to decide if the size is correct. Naty cxl Indy from Alden SF 8.5D. Foot feels good with very minimal heel slip. My concern is the laces come together at the top as I have skinny ankles. I can put a thin insole in and that gives small space between the laces. I wear 8.5 D in Viberg Service Boot (2040) and wolverine 1k. 9D in OSB trench with insole due to low instep. Brannock 9 to toes, 9 3/4 to arch, D width.

I ordered a stock boot so I can dial in the size, I should have just ordered the 8 at the same time.

Worth giving 8 a shot or just use a thin insole?

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my first Alden and trying to decide if the size is correct. Naty cxl Indy from Alden SF 8.5D. Foot feels good with very minimal heel slip. My concern is the laces come together at the top as I have skinny ankles. I can put a thin insole in and that gives small space between the laces. I wear 8.5 D in Viberg Service Boot (2040) and wolverine 1k. 9D in OSB trench with insole due to low instep. Brannock 9 to toes, 9 3/4 to arch, D width.

I ordered a stock boot so I can dial in the size, I should have just ordered the 8 at the same time.

Worth giving 8 a shot or just use a thin insole?
I have skinny ankles as well and sizing up or down doesn't impact the need to tighten up top. I'd stick with the 8.5s if they are working out for your feet.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone grab those black alpine grain dovers from Leffot? I thought about buying, wait a day and I now see they are gone in my size.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Bartered with my tailor for an adjustmemt and got some swag and a mto wedding suit yet to be made. #midwestkindness

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Alden DC has a run in production now. TSM would do another at some point I'd imagine. SF also some stock but a darker edge. They had an 11D when I checked last but wanted lighter antique. All I know of from my limited checking.

CEE88

Reaction score

Anyone grab those black alpine grain dovers from Leffot? I thought about buying, wait a day and I now see they are gone in my size.

I was interested as well but didn't make a purchase. The makeup looks really interesting - natural edge, reverse welt, unlined alpine grain. Maybe next time.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First snag of the new year. Loden suede tassels.

Love the color, may be my ideal non-shell shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members