• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Darn you guys. You caused me to finally get my first pair of selvedge raw denim. I am just doing a test run with a pair of Unbranded. I plan to try out some other brands but wanted to ensure that I knew what I was doing first before I spent enough to buy a pair of rare shell on two pairs of jeans. Denim and Alden pics to ensue on Fridays and weekends.

What denim are you all rockin with your Aldies?

-Dubs

Yes! I feel personally responsible for this :) shoot me a PM anytime you wanna talk denim

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still the Leffot chamois is the best inclement weather LWB

Yeah those are pretty nice, I think the NATCXL would age better though.

Who am I kidding, between the eBay Sanfords, the Leffot Tankers, the new Filson and my wifes upcoming birthday gifts my wallet couldn't afford another hit haha. But the Sanfords are going to be hit or miss if they are even going to fit so I might have some extra funds if I have to let them go.

Darn you guys. You caused me to finally get my first pair of selvedge raw denim. I am just doing a test run with a pair of Unbranded. I plan to try out some other brands but wanted to ensure that I knew what I was doing first before I spent enough to buy a pair of rare shell on two pairs of jeans. Denim and Alden pics to ensue on Fridays and weekends.

What denim are you all rockin with your Aldies?

-Dubs

Way to go!

I actually wear Unbranded 201 at the moment. Keeping it inexpensive so I can continue to blow the spending money on shoes, though I have owned my fair share of $300-$600 pairs of denim over the years. I think soon enough it will be time to go back to some premium raw denim.

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score
@mdubs

I rock primarily Rogue Territory denim. They are out of L.A. and make great products. Shirts, jackets, jeans, etc.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a ton of high quality denim out there. A lot of it will come down to style (straight, slim, tapered, etc) abd then what dimensions you are looking for.

@mdubs, I know you travel a decent amount abd I highly recommend Blue in Green in NYC. They stock a great selection of very high quality denim and will properly fit you for what you are looking for. My Somets, Pure Blue Japan's and Full Count are all from them and they easy easily my three favorite pairs.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

There is a ton of high quality denim out there. A lot of it will come down to style (straight, slim, tapered, etc) abd then what dimensions you are looking for.

@mdubs, I know you travel a decent amount abd I highly recommend Blue in Green in NYC. They stock a great selection of very high quality denim and will properly fit you for what you are looking for. My Somets, Pure Blue Japan's and Full Count are all from them and they easy easily my three favorite pairs.

Alright, I will see when I can sneak back up to NYC. :) I will be in touch with you on this topic...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like raw / selvege denim... I always try different brands but always go back to RRL low straights or APC new standards...

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I think it's my lucky day. Just received a call that 8.5D Ravello LWB with antique trim on double waterlock is ready for me. I'm pulling the trigger! :slayer:

Also, I'm one of the first for cigar LWB run in October. Decided against cigar chukka though.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Alcibiades
 I was thinking of getting some APC New Standards. They didn't have my size at Nordstrom's yesterday...

They are ok. I personally think there is better but certainly a good starting point. For me the cut is a bit wide at the knee and their denim is not super interesting. But I know many love them

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, I think it's my lucky day. Just received a call that 8.5D Ravello LWB with antique trim on double waterlock is ready for me. I'm pulling the trigger! :slayer:

Also, I'm one of the first for cigar LWB run in October. Decided against cigar chukka though.

I passed on those ravellos! Glad you got them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads