1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Very nice CMT! You did very well with those. I agree with your decision to go Black Shell.

And yes, I have learned the joys of photographing Black Shell. It is even harder on models with lots of broguing as you want to be able to see that detail.. But you nailed it bud.

-Mike

3. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

They look great! The world is the display case for those things - Stomp around in them!!

4. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

Wore Leffot Naval yesterday before the rain picked up. Looks like this weekend calls for some Kudu UI.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

When the boots look that good, more pictures = better [​IMG]

6. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

Those look great......still breaking mine in with only a couple of wears.....did you find that the color variaton developed with some wear?

I was a little surrpised at how uniform the color/texture was when I got them as I had seen some of your previous posts.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Those look terrific with jeans

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

IME chamois looks better the more you wear it. Color variations develop. Look great in the rain too.

9. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

ATL Since you asked...
    I took a few shots of one for you.
    Note where anything rubs against the smooth chamois, it darkens substantially. (see the tongue and where my jeans rub against the sides)

[​IMG]

I couldn't agree more.

10. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

that's what I'm talking about......just need to get our and wear them......thanks!

11. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

12. fal32

fal32 Senior member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  13. Matty123

Matty123 Senior member

Those natty indys look handsewn on the top. is that the case? great denim by the way. Iron heart 633's are my next denim purchase!

14. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

PSA:
    Epaulet just dropped pre orders for the Brixton - #8, wingtip, double leather on Barrie and Gustav PTB - #8, commando on Grant.

I am waiting for a Brixton "like" boot on commando to wear as a dress boot while traveling in the winter to the northeast/mid-atlantic to accommodate snow/sleet, etc... The Brixton looks fantastic! I can't wait to see Yenni's #8 wingtip on Grant when it comes in as I am on a list for the next round that appears similar to the Brixton, but on commando and with hooks.

Good hunting everyone and cheers to Epaulet for offering some beautiful makeups!

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

brixtons are nice. just kind of tired of color 8 at this point. how about some black shell brixtons with antique soles?

16. postal007

postal007 Senior member

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

18. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

The prices are getting a little crazy, Alden has had at least 2 bumps in a very short window. I know it's across the board regardless of maker, but geez. We're looking at almost $600 now for calfskin boots. $750 for color 8... a freaking grand for C&J Polo cordovan. Who is buying Marlowes for a thousand dollars? Come on.

19. iLuveketchup

iLuveketchup Senior member

A bit confused on 3rd party make ups when it comes to size availability. If they are MTO, why is there a limit of the number per size and how can they be sold out when they haven't been made? Doesn't make any sense to me for Alden to limit their MTO. Sorry just thinking out loud.

20. Rstldr

Rstldr Senior member

And….. Brixton's appear sold out for pre order on Epaulet website. For all those who jumped on, congratulations. Hoping and praying Yenni can add my 10.5EE TTS size to the next order!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.