• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasquirrel

Reaction score

I could see Saul in a black shell PTB to keep it simple

I think Aldens might be too conservative for Saul. I'm thinking cowboy boots, python shoes, or some GG Wigmores.

Good calls!

He might throw on the black shell tankers here:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with Tifosi, I haven't a clue what you guys are talking about. Although I do remember Pollo Loco when I lived in the Bay Area.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We were talking Breaking Bad due to my avatar. You should sit down tonight, pop open Netflix and start streaming. It will deliver even past all the hype it now receives

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You will get so obsessed with the show that you will forget to compulsively check SF, thereby saving big $$$. I should start the series over again...

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the time everyone spends on SF, where do you find the time to watch tv?

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We were talking Breaking Bad due to my avatar. You should sit down tonight, pop open Netflix and start streaming. It will deliver even past all the hype it now receives

I would wait. Start Friday after work, you need the weekend to get through several episodes. Otherwise, you're staying up all night tonight watching and dragging a** at work tomorrow.

Last edited:

madeinitaly

Reaction score
hi all,

is there anybody that could help me?
one friend of mine is coming to NY next friday and I would ask him to buy for me a new pair of Alden.
I'm interested in full strap slip on ( Aberdeen last)
I already own 2 pairs of alden :
- tassel loafer ( barrie last) 8E
- wing tip boots ( barrie last) 8E
the problem is that the full strap mocassin is aberdeen last and i don't know which size do i have to ask for.
here in milan, I have tried to find out a seller to try them on, but no one have this kind of shoes.
I'Ve tried leisure handsewn mocassin and the size that fit me correctly is 8E ( VAN last).

could someone help me?

thank you

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi all,

is there anybody that could help me?
one friend of mine is coming to NY next friday and I would ask him to buy for me a new pair of Alden.
I'm interested in full strap slip on ( Aberdeen last)
I already own 2 pairs of alden :
- tassel loafer ( barrie last) 8E
- wing tip boots ( barrie last) 8E
the problem is that the full strap mocassin is aberdeen last and i don't know which size do i have to ask for.
here in milan, I have tried to find out a seller to try them on, but no one have this kind of shoes.
I'Ve tried leisure handsewn mocassin and the size that fit me correctly is 8E ( VAN last).

could someone help me?

thank you

You likely will need 8.5E in the Aberdeen last.

REguy

Reaction score

I had really hoped that you looked like your avatar, MrDV. Sazon, not you too! This forum is a web of lies!

Nonetheless, I am still holding out hope that REguy is in fact the person in his avatar photo.

I am in fact a cat in a box riding a skateboard.

Better watch out, or I'll Holla attcha. HOLLA, HOLLA, HOLLA, HOLLA, HOLLA!

Any of you guys who just bought the whiskey shortwings notice any fit issues? The two pairs I've owned over the years always had collars that were really high, like to the point of digging into my ankles. These always look so good in photos but turn out to be clunkers on my feet. I'm sort of a glutton for punishment and would be willing to give them another shot if Alden has improved the cruddy fit.

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score

the matching color thread makes it different than the brown CXL, but again, if you have that then stay calm.

Potentially dumb question: what is the "matching color thread?" I know the meaning of each of those words, but am unsure what they mean when strung together.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys who just bought the whiskey shortwings notice any fit issues? The two pairs I've owned over the years always had collars that were really high, like to the point of digging into my ankles. These always look so good in photos but turn out to be clunkers on my feet. I'm sort of a glutton for punishment and would be willing to give them another shot if Alden has improved the cruddy fit.

I'm just beginning to break mine in, but so far I am LOVING the Tremont last. Went the same size as in the Barrie and am glad I did. I have noticed that the collars are a little high but my ankles love that (sprained them too many times in the past).

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score

The thread is brown. The boot is brown.

Oh, right. I have clearly been on StyleForum for too long, as I was searching for an official thread on "matching color." Yes, the stitching more or less matches the grain, which looks nice and is a little different. If these were Jordans, kids would be literally killing one another to get a pair with a tweak such as that.

REguy

Reaction score

I'm just beginning to break mine in, but so far I am LOVING the Tremont last.  Went the same size as in the Barrie and am glad I did.  I have noticed that the collars are a little high but my ankles love that (sprained them too many times in the past).

I like the Tremont in other shoes too. Leffot's Atom is one of my favorites. They just seem to screw up the lasting or something on the whiskey shortwings, and it appears it's still the same as the pairs I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads