• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

docalden2013

Reaction score
I did get super excited for about 1/100000 of a second. Seeing ravello wingtip boots was great but as soon as I saw the color 4, I realized I was either dreaming or it was a cruel joke. I wanted to believe that maybe a restock was imminent (they're just tweaking the site) but this seems really doubtful. Though there is always hope, given the recent Bigfoot-Rainbow-Shell-Blowout.
I went ahead and called the Shoe Mart and spoke with Ed, who was very gracious. I was told that they are anticipating approximately 24 pairs of ravello wt boots sometime in the winter or early spring. Needless to say, they've all been promised away. Nonetheless, I went ahead and asked to be put on ravello stand-by, hoping that some nice fella in 8.5D or E will pass up a unicorn and throw it my way (I did have the fortune of grabbing the ravello longwing from Kathy at A-DC this fall, so why not go for the ravello double trouble?). Fingers crossed, even if delusionally.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, 
I am looking to purchase a pair of LHS in Ravello.  Any recommended sources? Alden of Washington, DC is out at the moment.

Thanks for any suggestions. I may just have to hop on some store's waitlist. Cheers.

Nowhere to be found as far as I know.

totalair1

Reaction score
Anybody interested in a pair of cigar Indy boot with commando sole in 11c, or cigar full strap loafers in 11d, or a pair of Leather Soul Navy suede plain toe boot in 10.5d...they are listed on ebay right now.

Good hunting!

See Ya,
Steve

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nowhere to be found as far as I know.
Not in stock anywhere. I am considering ordering as a backordered item from the ShoeMart and either canceling or flipping the pair, if I in fact change my mind down the road.

Does anyone have recent positive experiences with the ShoeMart? Despite owning several Aldens--and not buying a new pair (shell or otherwise) in years--I have never dealt with this outfit. Cheers.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the black shell LWB on double leather (model 9751) and I find they are more versatile than probably many would think - flannels, denim, etc.

Commando is a nice touch for winter IMO in that overshoes are not needed if the snow/slush is minimal.

Makes sense. Currently my only longwings are ravello and color 8 / antique. I have a tan suede version on order. Black (either on commando or the classic on double leather) could be a good addition to that rotation.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not in stock anywhere.  I am considering ordering as a backordered item from the ShoeMart and either canceling or flipping the pair, if I in fact change my mind down the road.  

Does anyone have recent positive experiences with the ShoeMart?  Despite owning several Aldens--and not buying a new pair (shell or otherwise) in years--I have never dealt with this outfit.  Cheers. 

I've purchased a few times from them. I find their service is very good. I can buy from them with no sales tax and receive shoes the next day with standard ground UPS shipping. I like ordering from Alden DC for the same reason.

totalair1

Reaction score
Not in stock anywhere. I am considering ordering as a backordered item from the ShoeMart and either canceling or flipping the pair, if I in fact change my mind down the road.

Does anyone have recent positive experiences with the ShoeMart? Despite owning several Aldens--and not buying a new pair (shell or otherwise) in years--I have never dealt with this outfit. Cheers.
I like the Shoemart and had a great experience. To my knowledge they are no longer accepting pre-orders of rare colors in shell cordovan. At least that's what I was told by the owner Ed. If you find out otherwise let us know.

See Ya,
Steve

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sazon,

You are obviously an impeccably dressed man. Perfect crease in the slacks, even the laces all lie perfectly flat. And oh yeah, your Numbah Fowah's ain't bad either.

Thank you for that kind compliment.

There is one twisted lace in there.....LMAO. I attempted to keep all my boot laces flat, but I gave up!

This is an optical illusion created by the internet! My shoelaces are never twisted! :)

I note at least one twist in there as well. And of course, the left-over-right lacing pattern would never pass a Marine Corps inspection...

Really? Must have right over left?

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Shoemart and had a great experience. To my knowledge they are no longer accepting pre-orders of rare colors in shell cordovan. At least that's what I was told by the owner Ed. If you find out otherwise let us know.

See Ya,
Steve

Thanks for the information, Steve. I was on the fence, but decided to forge ahead; what the heck. The representative with whom I spoke, checked with Ed and got the green light for my pre-order for the LHS in Ravello. I am not sure whether this directly contradicts what you have heard on pre-orders, but this was my experience.

I suppose I will have time to mull this purchase, as they are not expecting delivery or Ravello until next year. Cheers.

stuffstuff

Reaction score
So I'm looking at a pair on ebay, but they don't seem to have any info about the last it's built on. There is a pic of the interior of the shoe where it gives the shoe size though... is there a code for each different last?

Here's what it says,

8.5 B/D 7J/6 002 7

coinopcollector

Reaction score
FYI, I got an email from Voltaire at Citi Shoes today letting me know they have a Whiskey LHS in 10D. I was looking for Ravello and am not interested in them.

Dr. D

Reaction score

So I'm looking at a pair on ebay, but they don't seem to have any info about the last it's built on.  There is a pic of the interior of the shoe where it gives the shoe size though... is there a code for each different last?  

Here's what it says,

8.5 B/D     7J/6  002     7

From the info you posted the model number is 2816

If you google "Alden 2816" you get a link to Alden SF, which will tell you these are burnished dark tan calfskin on the plaza last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads