• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

englade, does this mean that after using this innovative solution for a while that the tongue remembers where it's supposed to be and will remain centered afterwards?  Btw, very creative and less risky than getting a cobbler to apply any stitching to hold the tongue in place.

Yes that has been my experience . It is also helpful if you dampen the base of the tongue thoroughly the first time and wear them all day if possible . Kinda like steam ironing a cotton shirt . I assure you the water will not harm shell cordovan .
Another trick is to put on your boots make a small mark through a lower eyelet at the top of the circle . Go to the eyelet directly above and make a similar mark at the bottom of the circle . Remove your boots , punch two small holes in the tongue then stitch the tongue to the upper through the holes and then through the eyelets . Be sure to use eyelets low enough that you don't need to pull the laces out at that point to take the boots off and on

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thus, I'd like to ask our thread half-kiddingly, how do I translate Alden sizing to Edward Green so I can snag a pair of Westminster double monks?

Barrie US9D
TTS US9.5D (can wear US9.5C)
EG Westminster 888 last UK9E; the 888 runs somewhat narrow

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thus, I'd like to ask our thread half-kiddingly, how do I translate Alden sizing to Edward Green so I can snag a pair of Westminster double monks?

Barrie US9D
TTS US9.5D (can wear US9.5C)
EG Westminster 888 last UK9E; the 888 runs somewhat narrow

Another data point
Barrie 10.5D
EG 888 UK10.5//US11.

esoxm

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a color 8 wingtip boot on the plaza. Options as far as I can tell would be to get in on the AoC pre-order due in April 2014 or to wait out the next Leather Soul batch, which won't come around anytime soon if ever. Anywhere I'm missing? Anybody have a pair in 10/10.5 they are looking to part with?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
King Wingtip boot

esoxm

Reaction score
Posts like that help me lean towards just grabbing a stock barrie model (even if they don't have the antique edge trim) from one of the many shops currently stocking my size.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posts like that help me lean towards just grabbing a stock barrie model (even if they don't have the antique edge trim) from one of the many shops currently stocking my size.

owning a couple barrie lasted #8 boots, and a plaza wingtip boot in #8.. I'd say lean more towards how you intend to use them. antique edging, barrie lasting.. I lean casual for either of those.. plaza, on dark edging, leans more formal (if attempting a boot in a formal environment of course)

worst case, if you really prefer antiquing edging, you could always send off to B.Nelson for a changeout

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
I'm in Washington DC today and dropped by the Alden store and met the crew face to face. Very nice people, I've bought a lot of Alden's from them, but never been to the store. Scored a pair of a ravello chukkas and my first Indys. Got Kudu with the heavy tread sole. Had both pairs shipped home. I now own chukkas in the 3 recent grail colors, cigar, whiskey and now Ravello. I'm anxious to compare these Ravello chukkas to the recent Ravello PTB and my Ravello NST and see how much color difference there is?

I'm a happy guy., the kudu seems to be a real solid work type hide, and comfortable too!

See Ya,
Steve

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Washington DC today and dropped by the Alden store and met the crew face to face. Very nice people, I've bought a lot of Alden's from them, but never been to the store. Scored a pair of a ravello chukkas and my first Indys. Got Kudu with the heavy tread sole. Had both pairs shipped home. I now own chukkas in the 3 recent grail colors, cigar, whiskey and now Ravello. I'm anxious to compare these Ravello chukkas to the recent Ravello PTB and my Ravello NST and see how much color difference there is?

I'm a happy guy., the kudu seems to be a real solid work type hide, and comfortable too!

See Ya,
Steve

great score.. what size chukka did you acquire? hoping not 11.5 so I don't feel horrible
biggrin.gif

PTB (assuming from madison), NST (from shoemart)? if so, should be quite a variance in color

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

See Ya,
Steve

Well done Steve! They are super nice at Alden DC. They are as patient and supportive as can be. Looking forward to a visit in December. Not sure there will be anything left after your visit and future purchases.
biggrin.gif

Reaction score

What is the consensus on the Brooks cordovan PTB w/ Metal Eyelets. I know it's on the M58 which should be sleeker than Barrie. Wanted to know opinions.

Strong preference for this version! Nicer last, and I do have shell ptb's on the Barrie last in cigar and whiskey. No storm welt, which I also prefer, and the metal eyelets are dynamite. In fact, today I wore my brand - new Brooks unlined suede ptb's with metal eyelets.

I recently bought a pair of the Brooks version in #8 in the wrong size at 30% off (my size was out of stock), and will exchange when the right size shows up.

I had a pair years ago, and don't know what happened to them. Size down, just like for the Barrie last.

Last edited:

Reaction score
What are some of the rare Alden shell makeups Brooks has carried? Only one I know of for sure is the whiskey unlined lhs, which I own. It is the only one I have ever seen not in black or #8.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking to pick up a color 8 wingtip boot on the plaza. Options as far as I can tell would be to get in on the AoC pre-order due in April 2014 or to wait out the next Leather Soul batch, which won't come around anytime soon if ever. Anywhere I'm missing? Anybody have a pair in 10/10.5 they are looking to part with?

Call Yenni at J Gilbert. She is about to place an order for #8 wingtip on Plaza with Commando sole. Should be an awesome makeup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads