• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Reaction score
Passed by Alden NYC today, they have Ravello PTB's sized 11+ for those of you looking. The ones on display, at least, seem to be a lighter shade of ravello

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wish I can send you a couple of these pm me an addy . You only need to use them temporarily
[/URL]

Nifty ... I have to keep this trick in mind as my new Gianni has no stitch like the Lindricks or BB Cordovan boots. Brilliantly done Sir!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Big week this week, am expecting the following:

Ravello LHS
AE Jefferson MTO in Cappuccino
AE Harrison MTO in Black Shell
AE Amok Snuff Suede Chukka
C&J for RL Gianni
Bauer TotalOne NXG

All my pre-orders and MTOs hit at the same time as irresistible sales.

-Mike

Last edited:

docalden2013

Reaction score
rotflmao.gif
I wonder how many of us actually do this! Is there a class on money laundering via cream colored visa prepaid debit cards??
I used to teach this class, but, thanks to many of you who talked about the pros and cons of purchasing Aldens clandestinely, recently decided to retire from the world of visa vanilla shadiness. This past weekend, I sat my dear wife of 15 years down and talked with her honestly about my purchases. Although I expected the worst, she was remarkably kind and incredibly tender in acknowledging how important the shoes were to me during this very difficult past year (during which we bought a house and endured a stressful summer of moving and construction). Not taking my bait to start snarking and shaming me, she pointed out that she appreciated how thoughtful I'd been to pick a vice that was not destructive of me or our relationship and one that did not create such a financial burden that we did not end up in the home we had wanted. She additionally pointed out how sad it was for me to have to enjoy some of the Alden conquests alone and to not be able to relish the experience in front of her and our son. Where I thought I had truly entered the twilight zone was when I heard her say that she would welcome my candid disclosures about any subsequent purchases. All this without any retributive demands that I take her on a Stuart Weitzman or MZ Wallace shopping spree :)

So honesty really is the best policy. We should be enjoying our awesome shoes with pride and openness.

Thus, I'd like to ask our thread half-kiddingly, how do I translate Alden sizing to Edward Green so I can snag a pair of Westminster double monks?

coinopcollector

Reaction score

bought a pair of Hanover Shell PTB on ebay for $68. We shall see..

I have and still regularly wear 2 pairs of 20 year old Hanover LWBs in a color 6ish shade and black. I will go on record here and say IMHO no domestic manufacturer did or does shell as nicely as Hanover. My 6ish pair are on their 3d soles and soon to be retired to casual wear only. I would love to find a NOS Hanover LWB in 10 D.

katch

Reaction score

I have and still regularly wear 2 pairs of 20 year old Hanover LWBs in a color 6ish shade and black. I will go on record here and say IMHO no domestic manufacturer did or does shell as nicely as Hanover. My 6ish pair are on their 3d soles and soon to be retired to casual wear only. I would love to find a NOS Hanover LWB in 10 D.

Thank you, Coin. I am hoping they fit and arrive sometime this week. I will provide updates.

coinopcollector

Reaction score

I have come close to pulling the trigger on Hanover shells on a few occasions. They look really good and the price is always right. I assume these are not produced by Horeeen. Correct? At that price-point it really wouldn't matter much to me. Congratulations.

Hanover shell absolutely was Horween and the finest Horween for that matter. They were made right here in Hanover Pa until purchased by Bostonian and rebranded. They have not been made for about 20 years. I got two pairs out of what I assume was close to their last production about 20 years ago.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to teach this class, but, thanks to many of you who talked about the pros and cons of purchasing Aldens clandestinely, recently decided to retire from the world of visa vanilla shadiness. This past weekend, I sat my dear wife of 15 years down and talked with her honestly about my purchases. Although I expected the worst, she was remarkably kind and incredibly tender in acknowledging how important the shoes were to me during this very difficult past year (during which we bought a house and endured a stressful summer of moving and construction). Not taking my bait to start snarking and shaming me, she pointed out that she appreciated how thoughtful I'd been to pick a vice that was not destructive of me or our relationship and one that did not create such a financial burden that we did not end up in the home we had wanted. She additionally pointed out how sad it was for me to have to enjoy some of the Alden conquests alone and to not be able to relish the experience in front of her and our son. Where I thought I had truly entered the twilight zone was when I heard her say that she would welcome my candid disclosures about any subsequent purchases. All this without any retributive demands that I take her on a Stuart Weitzman or MZ Wallace shopping spree :)

So honesty really is the best policy. We should be enjoying our awesome shoes with pride and openness.

Thus, I'd like to ask our thread half-kiddingly, how do I translate Alden sizing to Edward Green so I can snag a pair of Westminster double monks?
Very commendable, Doc. The world would be a much better place if more people were like you and could own up to their actions, rather than try to deflect blame on others and rationalize why they are really the victim in every situation.

For some reason I always thought that you were younger than someone who could be married for 15 years, but I guess it makes sense since you are a Doctor and by the time one finishes medical school they are no longer a spring chicken.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bought a pair of Hanover Shell PTB on ebay for $68. We shall see..

I bought a pair of NOS Hanover shell PTBs in color 4 about two years ago off ebay (for $200-ish). It is the single greatest bargain I have ever gotten on shoes/boots. It was a seller who knew very little about shoes. He described the shoes as burgundy. The trained eye knew otherwise, and I had a strong hunch the seller was wrong. He was. :D

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very commendable, Doc. The world would be a much better place if more people were like you and could own up to their actions, rather than try to deflect blame on others and rationalize why they are really the victim in every situation.

For some reason I always thought that you were younger than someone who could be married for 15 years, but I guess it makes sense since you are a Doctor and by the time one finishes medical school they are no longer a spring chicken.
I have wondered about the distribution of ages in this particular thread.
Someone should make an anonymous survey monkey questionnaire with a few demographic questions.
It would be interesting to see the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads