• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uncle Mac, this is the shoe that first got me interested in shell cordovan. When looking for suitable footwear on the BB website I came across a "penny loafer" that cost an astounding $650. On you these loafers look fantastic.

nephew,
thank you

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even before I saw your post that is exactly what I was thinking.

My ravello LWB aren't that far from that color in certain lighting conditions. Part of the reason that I sold my cigar LWB, I found my dark ravello with dark edge trim to be much more appropriate with business wear

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look more like cigar than Ravello on my screen

Even before I saw your post that is exactly what I was thinking.

My ravello LWB aren't that far from that color in certain lighting conditions. Part of the reason that I sold my cigar LWB, I found my dark ravello with dark edge trim to be much more appropriate with business wear
Cigar would look more greenish. Looks just like Ravello to me, reddish.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar would look more greenish. Looks just like Ravello to me, reddish. 

I have numerous ravello models and that is definitely on the dark end of the ravello spectrum (which I like by the way). The shoes pictured look nice.

Some cigar models have olive tones (such as my chukkas), and some have none (such as my LWBs). Both shades are nice.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mad Kit

Reaction score
Hi gentleman

May I know where have the cigar cap toe boot ?
I check more than 10 websites but find nth
Please let me know if you have idea

Thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nephew,
I agree with your thought

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi gentleman

Thank you

Pretty tough boot to find. There are plenty of people who would love to find it. Alden DC I believe has a few pairs in stock depending on your size

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi gentleman

Thank you

If you are really set on a dark brown shell boot, check out the carmina thread. A captoe mto is about to be submitted to the factory. Turnaround is only 3 months

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. I purchased the same boot from the irregular list, only in snuff suede. Had to get TTS but it fits reasonably well with an insole. I'm also on the fence as to whether or not I'll keep them. I love almost everything about the boots, but as hard as I try I can't seem to warm up to the modified last. It just seems too tapered at the arch for a Boondocker style boot. The defect is so minor that it would kill me to return them at nearly half price, but I don't want to spend money on a boot I don't love. I'm going to sit with them a bit longer to try to open up to the last. Here's a photo of the defect, which is not visible when they are on. And a few more of the boot. Accurate color in all but the last picture.
Hill, Those look FANTASTIC in snuff. I understand your hesitancy has nothing to do with the "defect", but rather the last itself. If its a fit issue, I'd find it tough to hold onto as well. But from my view, they look flat out amazing! Hope you can get the fit issue solved. If not, and they are my size, let me know before you return them :)

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#8 saddle
argyles otc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads