• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z8k1n

Reaction score
Boots = win
Pants even more
Major win/win all around.

Also / I'm early 40s/1st pair (cigar wt) 3yrs ago..found this thread shortly there after and lurked/learned for the next couple yrs. (picking up 2 suede and 3 shell) / in the past couple months I got in on 3 pre orders +that crazy beautiful ravello PT boot (coming soon) +1 Viberg pre order and + basically new&badass #8 chukka thanks to @michiganPlanner.
I believe my spree is close to finished/a purchasing hiatus just around the corner! (and no I am not in the market for a bridge)

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing as always MrDV.

I'm also happy for all of you who getting their Ravello CT boots from either A DC or Leffot!

I just sent a payment for my Ravello PT boots on Modified last to Anatomica and Charles is amazing to deal with. Even got shoe trees for Modified last included hehehe.

I ended up paying approximately $262 US more for this pair vs buying a pair of shell boots from Alden DC or Leffot after $CAN conversion/shipping and Ontario taxes. So it's all good and I can't wait to receive my first pair on Modified last.

Have a good day all.

I am fighting hard to email and see if they have a sz12 in the PT boot.. decisions, decisions

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Major win/win all around.

Also / I'm early 40s/1st pair (cigar wt) 3yrs ago..found this thread shortly there after and lurked/learned for the next couple yrs. (picking up 2 suede and 3 shell) / in the past couple months I got in on 3 pre orders +that crazy beautiful ravello PT boot (coming soon) +1 Viberg pre order and + basically new&badass #8 chukka thanks to @michiganPlanner.
I believe my spree is close to finished/a purchasing hiatus just around the corner! (and no I am not in the market for a bridge)
My spree gets close to finishing every month.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice Tassels.  Moleskin Pants?

Yes - they are the camel MTO Rudy from @Epaulet. I absolutely love them but I think I am going to take them to the tailor tomorrow and have them shortened just a tad.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
27. Started with Indys five-ish years ago. Then my next couple of pairs were purchased at random sales (like Haberdasher's sale yesterday). For a long time, I refused to pay full retail just because they were so expensive.

Now I'm on a half dozen lists and just got off the fun with Charles at Anatomica (who was incredibly helpful and friendly!) and bought the Ravello PT Boots.

Also - I work from home and am either barefoot or in workout clothes 90% of the day.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes - they are the camel MTO Rudy from @Epaulet . I absolutely love them but I think I am going to take them to the tailor tomorrow and have them shortened just a tad.
Nice. Just sold me on them. Order placed

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage today for the reverse chamois lwb I picked up from Winn Perry. I haven't heard much about these on here, so my guess is they aren't for everyone. I'm pretty far on the casual side of things so they work for me.

-Horween Reverse Chamois
-Antique Edge
-Double Waterlock Sole
-Barrie Last

Very nice. Reverse chamois is beautiful stuff, great color and texture on those.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

These needs to keep my feet dry with the torrential downpours on the way today, on a side note I need to leafblow #firstworldproblems

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late.
wink.gif

thanks for making it easy for me lol

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn those anatomica ravello ptb look good! but too many $$$ for me. I was quoted $1200 + shipping, correct?

Alpina

Reaction score
42 here. I inherited my grandfathers old 975s in '96. I loved them so much and wore them constantly, in spite of their being a size too large for me. Back then, cordovan mean a color to me, not a material, and I somehow parted with them. Not having them always nagged at me, so I sought to replace them, and another pair of 975s were my first Alden purchase.

As a side note, I still regularly wear that same grandfather's Dormueil Sportex wool sport coat he purchased at Harrod's in 1955 (and made the return trip on the QM). Not a thread out of place, it looks better than anything I could find today. It doesn't take much to realize that real quality lasts and is always worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt