• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, RTP.

Your pics got me wondering.. maybe I need to sell off my Leydon natural longwings by EP and grab these. Leydon never fit me really well unfortunately.
I have both the natty chrmxl and brown chrmxl LWBs... I recommend having both, unless of course your Leydons don't get any wear because of the poor fit.

Quote:

Congrats, they look great. I have a pair on the way for the same purpose.
Thanks, enjoy them!
cheers.gif

Very nice RTP.....really like brown CXL!
Much thanks ATL!

Quote:
nephew,
wear only in good health
Much thanks Uncle!

Great pickup and agree they are the perfect fall-winter shoe.

I've only had the chance to wear mine once.
Much thanks my friend. Enjoy often and in great health!

smmrfld

Reaction score
Does anyone own any of Alden's offerings in hunter green suede? Alden NYC and Leather Soul both have chukkas available in this shoe. Seems like it would be a good fall and spring shoe, but not so good in the winter and summer (the green is too dark).

Alden SF had them on sale not too long ago...unlined.

Briar Snob

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pics of the Alden Perforated Cap Toe Boot in Snuff Suede from TSM. And whats everybody's thoughts on those vs. the Jgilbert suede win tip posted earlier?

I have the JGilbert wingtips and love them. I get lots of compliments on them.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I'm the first one to roll my eyes at some thing guys complain about - those go back, no questions asked.

Welcome back Buckeye!!! We have missed you here.

I am with BN, I would probably return those as well... But it sounds like you made an amicable deal with the vendor, so that is another good alternative, because 5 wears in, they will be nicked like that anyways.

-Mike

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

Welcome back Buckeye!!! We have missed you here.

I am with BN, I would probably return those as well... But it sounds like you made an amicable deal with the vendor, so that is another good alternative, because 5 wears in, they will be nicked like that anyways.

-Mike

What's up Mike - I pop in every now and then to see what's happening / new. I'm ok will all the imperfections in those shoes, except the last ones. That's bush league to pass those off as firsts.

20% is probably reasonable - so I'm glad it worked out for the OP

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
What's up Mike - I pop in every now and then to see what's happening / new. I'm ok will all the imperfections in those shoes, except the last ones. That's bush league to pass those off as firsts.

20% is probably reasonable - so I'm glad it worked out for the OP

Agree with you on that as well...

-Mike

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I visited Unionmade a couple of months ago for the first time. Their stock is stacked up on the side of a wall available for anyone to open, try on, walk around, and place back in whatever manner they choose. I tried on a pair of those exact same wingtip boots and noticed some nicks and some wear. The people there are extremely nice and courteous, but they do not pay much attention to detail in the way Alden SF, Madison, DC, or Leffot would.

Those Unionmade boots are in fact firsts, but have picked up some shop wear and probably inappropriate customer handling. It is not an Alden quality control issue, but rather a Unionmade store policy issue. I keep that in miind when considering Unionmade shoes/boots that have been in the store for long periods of time.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

I visited Unionmade a couple of months ago for the first time.  Their stock is stacked up on the side of a wall available for anyone to open, try on, walk around, and place back in whatever manner they choose.  I tried on a pair of those exact same wingtip boots and noticed some nicks and some wear.  The people there are extremely nice and courteous, but they do not pay much attention to detail in the way Alden SF, Madison, DC, or Leffot would.

Those Unionmade boots are in fact firsts, but have picked up some shop wear and probably inappropriate customer handling.  It is not an Alden quality control issue, but rather a Unionmade store policy issue.  I keep that in miind when considering Unionmade shoes/boots that have been in the store for long periods of time.

Repp - that's really interesting information, I would have never guessed that. Not sure i would still want to pay full price for the floor model - but very interesting info. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
BN

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with 'kudu'? Trying to find a non-shell shoe for the winter and have it narrowed down to the Leffot pre-order for a LWB w/crepe sole in kudu or the AoC brown suede LWB w/commando. I'm really on the fence and positive/negative comments on kudu could be the deciding factor. Actual shots in the wild would be great as I would really like to see how these shoes age. Thanks.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Repp - that's really interesting information, I would have never guessed that. Not sure i would still want to pay full price for the floor model - but very interesting info. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
BN[/quote]

There may be others here with more experience with Unionmade that could chime in. My post was based on one visit. I don't want to pass on any unfair intel, but those were my impressions. I suppose it is possible that the color 8 wingtip boot at issue did have a quality control problem, but based on what I saw I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt