• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Special Delivery today, ready for a Midwest rainy fall and snowy winter.
ugh... I have been trying to forget these...been trying to justify If I got these then I could skip the Snuff suede chukka and boot as this could fill those slots in my very casual wardrobe...lugged bottom right?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look good, where did you pick these up from?
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I got them on sale from Sherman Brothers in Philadelphia about three years ago. They used to do a sale after Thanksgiving, 25% off of whatever Alden stock they had. If memory serves, they didn't have my size in stock so they actually ordered it direct from Alden and had it drop shipped to my house I had it on my door step in less than a week. I remember because it came much sooner than I expected and my wife had intercepted it and hid it from me for a couple of weeks in protest for having purchased yet another pair of "horse-ass shoes!" Needless to say I was surprised on Christmas morning when I opened up a gift from my 5 year old daughter!

Sherman Bros. have since done away with that sale. I suppose it didn't help that I announced it here and a ton of phone calls from all over the country requesting the same deal followed. Sorry Mike at SB in Philly!

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Spectacular!  Are those the Unionmade reverse chamois?  I would have grabbed those but for the soles.  Though they look so good there, I could overlook that…

Yes they are from unionmade! They are great, but have an interesting odor :D

The soles might be an issue but I'll give them a shot, I'm a sucker for the brass eyelets and speed hooks

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they are from unionmade! They are great, but have an interesting odor
biggrin.gif

The soles might be an issue but I'll give them a shot, I'm a sucker for the brass eyelets and speed hooks
Hope to see more pics of these over time. I am sure all will be well with the soles -- can always resole them with something sturdier when the time comes.

Last edited:

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Hope to see more pics of these over time.  I am sure all will be well with the soles -- can always resole them with something sturdier when the time comes.

Any special care needed for these, or just beat them to death?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you kind sir!

Much thanks, Uncle! May I also add that your King NST are an inspiration.  They are next! (I know, I've been saying that for a while.)

nephew,
thank you

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score

Yes they are from unionmade! They are great, but have an interesting odor :D

Does the chamois smell like cigarette smoke? I briefly had a pair that didn't fit well and I assumed the original owner was a smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads