• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Here you go...

Look at all that yummy denim in the backround!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Look but don't touch is my philosophy...it's the only way I keep them look as nice as Mac or MDubs

Haha. People might think that's a shot you have from when they were fresh out of the box last year...little do they know you probably snapped that pic last night, LOL. Poor boots!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked me up one of the last pairs of the Alden Roy Boots from Context Clothing in brown chamois.

QUESTION: Does anyone have experience with the chamois leather and wearing them in the elements? I'm not one of those guys who is shy about wearing nice things in the rain. I basically just want to know if they would be destroyed by rain/snow/salt.

Thanks
Check back a few pages for a similar discussion. Also check Winn Perry's blog for pics of a similar boot after 6 years of wear.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor pic...I think DV or MDubs was asking the other day about shoe storage. I had "shoe cubbies" designed into my closet. Each set holds about 10 pairs and I have 4 spread out through the closet. The shelves are adjustable to allow for varying boot shaft heights.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Sorry for the poor pic...I think DV or MDubs was asking the other day about shoe storage. I had "shoe cubbies" designed into my closet. Each set holds about 10 pairs and I have 4 spread out through the closet. The shelves are adjustable to allow for varying boot shaft heights.

Very cool, Ryden. I need those #8 Brixtons!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a sweet setup for the shoes, very nice. Sure beats my stacked box method....at least my wine has racks :)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

That is a sweet setup for the shoes, very nice. Sure beats my stacked box method....at least my wine has racks :)

I have a similar method with cubbies, but I have a stand alone 9 cubbie unit. Unfortunately, the shelves aren't adustable and my "grand plan" was to add shelves so I could stack 2 pair of shoes in each hole. Also unfortunate is that I'm lazy so I have 9 pairs in the cubbies and the rest sitting on top or on the floor in front of it.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweater shelves quickly became shoe shelves in my closet haha. More pairs have been added since the pic and now space is limited, some more pairs made their way to the floor. I think the loafers and boat shoes will get boxes and put away for the winter to clear room.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Look but don't touch is my philosophy...it's the only way I keep them look as nice as Mac or MDubs

You know I would try and say something about this comment, but I still have about 10 pairs that are BNIB so I really can't.

I guess I need to get them out also. I do them in waves typically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads