• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Perhaps they want to ensure the integrity of their proprietary quality control process.

Bwaahahahahahahaha. Good one, Beebs. You mean the blindfolded chaps in the factory????

shaunw

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my ravello loot from the recent TSM irregular list. The shade overall is more inline with the old cigar shade. Seems like a recent trend I guess. The only irregularity I can find is a slightly darker spot on the vamp of the left shoe, otherwise they are pretty much free of flaws. I'm guessing this is from the recent Alden DC run of ravello longwings??? Dark edge trim with double waterlock sole?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^Personally...for the price paid...I think it looks great with those dark spots. Instant patina. I dig it.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not that this is anywhere near the manufacturing of shoes, but in the food industry they would likely deny you a tour as well. One of the major brands I work for will occasionally do an open house but its usually a set path and maybe once a year if that. It also is likely to avoid all processing areas. They say its to protect the recipes and for "biosecurity".
Thats interesting. I have worked in food and bev for close to 10 years and my experience is completely opposite of yours.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please PM me if anyone might be interested in taking a Ravello LHS in 10.5 D off my hands. New in box. Absolute first quality. No flaws. No gimmicks.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^Personally...for the price paid...I think it looks great with those dark spots. Instant patina. I dig it.

I was thinking the same thing. That area creases, lightens, darkens, etc. it will likely blend in in short order. Nice find!

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my ravello loot from the recent TSM irregular list. The shade overall is more inline with the old cigar shade. Seems like a recent trend I guess. The only irregularity I can find is a slightly darker spot on the vamp of the left shoe, otherwise they are pretty much free of flaws. I'm guessing this is from the recent Alden DC run of ravello longwings??? Dark edge trim with double waterlock sole?

These look amazing even with the darker coloration. Good score.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting. I have worked in food and bev for close to 10 years and my experience is completely opposite of yours.

Hmmm that is weird. I just figured it was standard nowadays. Everyone is so hyped up on the "Biosecurity" (which basically means terrorist attack on our food) that they don't let anyone into the factory except employees and authorized visitors (contractors, general laborer temps, etc.). Quality is not exactly my area of expertise but I actually thought there was some federal regulation ISO something or other that actually forced the factory to maintain a biosecurity plan.

Nonetheless, I think it was on here I was reading that you could visit the Viberg factory. I believe the gentleman who visited was even able to have a pair of boots built with materials they had on site. Still cool nonetheless.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Yesterday: Unlined Snuff LHS.

Today: Unlined Sand Suede Dover with Agatyne Eyelets.

-Mike

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize this post is non-Alden, but had to share my love of the Red Wing 1907 boot. I know many of you are into work boots, and I am very happy with this new (and relatively affordable) acquisition. It's a good beater boot when you don't want to ruin your crown jewel make-ups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads