1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSgt93

SSgt93 Active Member

MDubs, just returned the NXT Indys to TSM and ordered a half size smaller. Fingers crossed that they fit!

2. Don L

Don L Senior member

6-eye Suede Chukka

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

just some quick pics of the LWB I picked up this afternoon. My first pr and quite happy with the colour. There's a bit of burnishing that I'm going to clean up and even out but otherwise I'm loving the red/brown tones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. postal007

postal007 Senior member

Nice - those are the burnished tan LWB right? I like the color, looks very much like Ravello. Calf Aldens are underrated on this thread. :D

5. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

Yes they are. When they told me it was tan, I didn't know what to expect but burnished tan is way better.
    I also thought it was close to ravello depending on the light because I've seen ravello here that differs quite a bit from one to the other.

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I don't think it's a last issue. Everyone of the Hampton lasted shoes I know of have a single leather sole, which is incredibly tough on those of us with knee and joint problems. After three knee surgeries over the last 20 years I have made it a policy to buy only double leather dress shoes. I don't get much use out of my unlined flex soles (suede, chrmxl, etc...). I have always been tempted to snag a pair of 9016. I know @Watchman1 speaks highly of this shoe, and I trust his judgment but don't trust my knees! :(

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

1/8th, looking great! :)

Ha! You caught me! I did not intend to take photos of my entire collection ever again, it just took way too much time, plus creates too much evidence of my rather apparent problem... AoSD covers essentially all of my Alden Collection, but does not encompass my shrinking collection of other models (AE, C&J, Carmina). I am considering family photos by color vice a complete family photo. I was thinking of doing it over a few months, but it dropped off my radar. We will see, maybe I might do a belated family photo... I did just do a LWB family photo though! :)

http://aldenofsandiego.com/the-king-of-the-wing/

I also just created the AoSD logo, which features a LWB as the icon, modeled after my Ravello LWB, but that doesn't matter... ;-)

Looking good in your suede bluchers. I am sort of torn on the atom to be honest, its an interesting hybrid of the LWB and SWB...

Hmmm.. Bummer that you had to return, but glad that you were able! Fingers are crossed for you!

Looking superb as expected Don! :) I really like those Chukkas more and more everytime I see them...

Those are fantastic looking wings.

-Mike

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Nice pick up. Is that chromexcel?

9. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Driving into DC - that shows real commitment. Congrats on the longwings, they look great!

10. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

actually just burnished calf

11. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I'm looking to grab a pair of Alden Brooks Brother's Cordovan wingtips. I believe they are on the park last, but I've never owned Aldens so I'm unfamiliar with them. In Allen Edmonds I'm a size 9D or E in the 5 last, and 9E in the 333 last, and 9D in the 1 last. Would I be able to fit into the Plaza last at size 9? I read it is about .5 size longer than brannock, which I have found the case to be with AE 5 last.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

12. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Little more carpet time for the 975s. Next time, the brave new world.

[​IMG]

13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

That is really hard carpet.
    Looking great. enjoy them.

14. denver0321

denver0321 Member

Anybody have any experience dealing with Leffot? I have just received an order from them and was dumbfounded that they do not accept returns.

15. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Standard practice. You can return but shoe cannot be creased or show any signs of wear.

16. denver0321

denver0321 Member

Well the shoes have a scrape on the inside of the left shoe and I haven't even put them on. Note inside says they only give store credit or exchange. I never would have purchased from them had I known that. It didn't say that anywhere during the buying process. Extremely disappointed.

17. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

http://leffot.com/policies/return-policy-2/

I would return and hold out for something else if the shoes you have are not what you wanted.

18. denver0321

denver0321 Member

Right, but that's bad business. Sell me damaged product, decline a refund, expect me to settle for something else they sell. I won't buy from them again.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Pretty clear policy on their site

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Have you even contacted them yet?
    If the shoes truly are defective and they won't give you a refund, that's what credit card disputes are for.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.