• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When they do flush metal taps is the sole sanded down at all? I'm a little more inclined to go with plastic taps and replace them when they wear out.

Yes, that's the only way to make them flush.

Flush taps are better for biomechanical reasons, but they aren't without a degree of risk to the shoe. They can damage the shoe if they aren't installed properly. It doesn't happen often, but it's still possible. I would trust B. Nelson to do it more than any other cobbler, for what it's worth.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
500plus

Here are some pics of the seconds i got in Navy CXL . I know someone else showed you some longwings earlier and here are some plain toes. I took some pics with Tan jeans and 2 different shades of blue jeans for comparison.

There seems to be some excess dye when they were rolled. Doesnt bother me and worth the savings. Not sure I'll keep bc I have 3 other pairs of blue shoes. But man they do look good!

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants the list of shoes Leathersoul has on their last pair list for large sizes pm me. I got the list this afternoon. I have size 11.5 & 12. A couple of interesting shoes at a a good price.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants the list of shoes Leathersoul has on their last pair list for large sizes pm me. I got the list this afternoon. I have size 11.5 & 12. A couple of interesting shoes at a a good price.

pm'ing you now. those are the two sizes I asked for but hadnt heard back yet

thanks!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, they do! @MrDV
 any lacing tips?

Thanks ew. I do a version of bar lacing. I copied uncle Mac, except he crosses at the bottom, I cross at the top. The bow hides the crossing lace if you cross at the top. You should know, it takes longer to put boots on and take them off when using bar lacing.
In fact, I already changed the lacing back to standard on the cigar sw boots :(. It works better with shoes with wider eyelets.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straightbarlacing.htm

500plus

Reaction score
500plus

Here are some pics of the seconds i got in Navy CXL . I know someone else showed you some longwings earlier and here are some plain toes. I took some pics with Tan jeans and 2 different shades of blue jeans for comparison.

There seems to be some excess dye when they were rolled. Doesnt bother me and worth the savings. Not sure I'll keep bc I have 3 other pairs of blue shoes. But man they do look good!

Wow, looks great with tan pants! Thanks for the pics! Time to preorder the navy CXL Ultimate Indys!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen about holding out, but here is the stuff from DC...

All the stuff that I picked up...

The top of the long shoe horn...

The bottom of the long shoe horn... I really like how the horn looks.... :)

Long horn with the short horn.

Cigar Cap Toe Blutchers.

Closer.

Color #8 belt. Made from the new factory with a silver buckle. Sitting on my 975s for color reference.

Whiskey Shortwing Balmorals!!! :-D Done in 10.5C...

Close up...

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Alright, so weirdest shoe purchasing experience ever. I went to FedEx tonight to go and pickup my factory seconds from TSM. I went to pick up and was surprised to see a box that was clearly only for one pair of shoes. So I opened them up and it was a pair of Ravello LHSes! To be clear, I put my name on a list at TSM about 14 months ago to get a pair of Ravello LHSes in a special size. I did get notice of production in September, but no warning that they were incoming... Well, what you all want, a few quick pics... More pics will come I am sure. Now to figure out what the heck happened with my seconds!

No clue how many they ordered (1 or 100)...

-Mike

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mdubs-

Don't you already have a pair of Ravello LHS? LOL that you don't even know what's coming in when. They look good.

What seconds did you pickup? Cheers.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Mdubs- Don't you already have a pair of Ravello LHS? LOL that you don't even know what's coming in when. They look good. What seconds did you pickup? Cheers.
I did pick up a pair of Ravellos in December from them during their New-Old Stock random thing. No clue what I am going to do yet... I did order a narrow width, so I figured that I would deal with it *someday* when it became reality. New Old -Mike

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Mdubs-

Don't you already have a pair of Ravello LHS? LOL that you don't even know what's coming in when. They look good.

What seconds did you pickup? Cheers.

I picked up the Color 8 Dover's from I think Leffot and the Natural CXL Wingtip Boots with Brass Eyelets/Hooks from the seconds list.

-Mike

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good lord mike. That's an amazing haul. I didn't know alden dc had a "65% discount code" leaked last week too. :)
Cigar? whiskey? #2? RAVELLO? All unworn, with leffot dovers coming... :slayer::slayer:
That's one legendary spring break.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Good lord mike. That's an amazing haul. I didn't know alden dc had a "65% discount code" leaked last week too. :)
Cigar? whiskey? #2? RAVELLO? All unworn, with leffot dovers coming... :slayer::slayer:
That's one legendary spring break.

Thanks DV, wish I got a Spring break!!! :-( Also wish I got your Cigar boots... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads