• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MrDV, the pants are Epaulet Harris Tweed in olive. I have a feeling I will be buying a lot of Epaulet the next 12 months.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After they saw the pictures that I emailed about the unaligned right shoe blucher on my recently acquired 990, Alden SF promptly promised for an exchange even when I have some slight signs of wearing inside of my wooden floor. I guess they just won a customer!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are so nice.
Very nice finish to saddle week.
-Mike
I have almost pulled the trigger on these multiple times. This pictures show me just how wrong I was not to. They look great!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
awesome man

It's official, I need these!
Looks great DV. Are those the color 8/alpine grain saddles? I'm on the fence as I wasn't sure if I would wear them much. Any thoughts?
thanks for the kind words guys. saddle week was fun.
rtp, these are #8/alpine grain. your initial assessment is correct, they look good, but they don't get much wear.

MrDV, the pants are Epaulet Harris Tweed in olive. I have a feeling I will be buying a lot of Epaulet the next 12 months.
killer combo Alcibiades.
for me, epaulet : trousers and sport coats :: alden : shoes

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Being East-coast born and raised but living in Denver I was stoked when Lawrence Covell started carrying Alden. Pretty sure it's new this year but definitely a good selection. I think I'm in need of their Chukka boot. Anyone have the 1493's?
I have a pair, they're very comfortable. I also have the CXL PTB's and those are comfortable as well. Note, the chukka is on the Leydon last, much more narrower than the Barrie. Try them on first, you might want to go up in width. Enjoy.

Pastor

Reaction score
Got the seconds list for 3 different sizes and not one pair of shell shoes. Much different than the first ones I got a few years back. There use to always be some ravello, cigar, and whiskey. Now there is just calf and suede.

Pastor

Reaction score

erbs

Reaction score
Thanks! They look good in those pics. The J. Crew site makes the look pretty orange.
Mine are three years old and kind of orange-ish... I have seen a pair of the newest ones in store in NYC and they seem more brown. A couple of pics in the wild...
Here are mine. I do polish with a darker polish and they have turned a bit "less orange".
In sunlight:
In my office:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the seconds list for 3 different sizes and not one pair of shell shoes. Much different than the first ones I got a few years back. There use to always be some ravello, cigar, and whiskey. Now there is just calf and suede.

Thats because they sell the defective shell shoes at full price as first quality.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bakes, I sense some unusual stress and frustration in your posts... I hope the weekend treats you well my friend.

iDoc

Reaction score

Being East-coast born and raised but living in Denver I was stoked when Lawrence Covell started carrying Alden. Pretty sure it's new this year but definitely a good selection. I think I'm in need of their Chukka boot. Anyone have the 1493's?
All stock selection. Any idea if they'll have any cordovan models or special make-ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads