• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Decided to finally take my Alden DC Ravello LWBs on their maiden voyage. Going to DC tomorrow, so I thought that I would wear them on Monday. I hope to stop by Alden DC after work. Thought that it would be fun to wear them in on their first voyage. :)

-Mike

docalden2013

Reaction score

I just started breaking in my first pair of raws this week. I went with Pure Blue Japan's xx-013 from Blue in Green. I'm pretty sure we're heading down a dark path, just like with the Alden addiction.
9uLlxh

I have the same pair from BiG. My favorite pair of jeans. Ever. Wear them and your Aldens in great health!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometimes I marvel at the power of the Internet. I have never met Mr.DV yet was thrilled for him yesterday he had scored his grail boots.
Fast forward to today and I sign on and see this crushing blow. I am so sorry "my friend". I really feel your pain.

Thanks rydenfan, we are friends, not weird at all. I went to a party last night with lots of family and "real life friends," I didn't tell a single person I had found these amazing boots just hours earlier. I was super happy about the boots, but those friends don't share my enthusiasm for shell, you guys do. its cool.

I've been incredibly lucky with my alden project so far. I've online met the nicest people (+ an uncle) and have learned lots about quality footwear. we're the fortunate ones.

[/SPOILER]

nephew,
good looking nst boots

thanks uncle mac.

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
I DIDN'T pick any up CrackedCrab. I really should've but I'd just bought my shell PTB, Shell Boot, and some other stuff. I mean I watched them in my ebay area...go to other homes one...by one. I really should've picked up the suede LHS he had!

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
^Anybody know what last that would be?

(Well actually you guys are such experts I know you know what last that is, so could someone please enlighten me? :) )

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first time posting in the Alden thread & am asking for help.
I'm jonesing for a black shell NST boot. I've checked all the usual sources with no luck.
Can anyone help. If they can be MTO, i'm not opposed.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads