• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

curious if you guys would keep this shoe with this inwards bump on the outer toe area? didnt pay retail, and no hope of exchanging..
you shouldnt stand for this shoddy work, klaw. i can though, because I have low standards and does the bump affect the size 12d fit? :happy:

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you shouldnt stand for this shoddy work, klaw. i can though, because I have low standards and does the bump affect the size 12d fit?
happy.gif

haha luckily the bump is not noticeable ( I can even pus hit out some from inside, so it might help)

these are 11.5 on the barrie, whiskey this time out to replace the ravellos that went back on saturday.

first pair of whiskeys, never thought I grabbed anything but I do admit I like the slightly darker shade here

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New (old stock) Whiskey PTBs from TSM. They're the color I was hoping for. Maybe a bit dry, but nothing I can't live with.

Also, I'm starting to think I'm one of the people who shouldn't size down on the Barrie. Now I don't regret at all my decision to return the mismatched Ravello chukkas.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, this thread is blowing up! Can't keep up with the volume of posts. Breaking in my new Ravello NSTs on my carpeted office space...
nephew, wear in good health

believeland

Reaction score
Joining the fray as a new Alden owner.

I bought a pair of 403s this past weekend, and was sized for a 9.5E at the NY store (little surprising since I'm a 9.5E on the Allen Edmond's 5 last and had heard to size down).

Now I'm nervous these will turn out too large after breaking in! I imagine I'm younger than most Alden clientele, and was a little reluctant to push the salesman (3 decades of experience) on the sizing.

Someone console me? Have others not sized down on Trubalance?

Last edited:

zbix

Reaction score
Every foot is different. The wildcard is usually instep. Some people size down, some don't. I personally have various barrie lasted pairs in two sizes. Sometimes there's even variation from one pair to the next of the same size. If they fit, they fit. As far as the age thing, you might be surprised. I think the forum, and this thread in particular, runs the gamut.

And welcome.

Last edited:

GooseG

Reaction score

I bought a pair of 403s this past weekend, and was sized for a 9.5E at the NY store (little surprising since I'm a 9.5E on the Allen Edmond's 5 last and had heard to size down). 

Now I'm nervous these will turn out too large after breaking in! I imagine I'm younger than most Alden clientele, and was a little reluctant to push the salesman (3 decades of experience) on the sizing.

Not unheard of. For all the talk about sizing down, this is my case on the barrie last. Now I've got a pair of 8.5d bluchers that hurt too much to wear. Trust the fittinh!

lint

Reaction score

I didn't size down on my indy's, but did on my chukkas, but only because they were the only size they had. I prefer the fit of my indy's. Slim pickings when you're a EEE.

405's just treated with VSC and then Obenauf's HDLP to get them ready for winter. The VSC seems to have darkened them a bit, they look more brown now than they did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads