• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
More cigar captoe pics. No reason this shouldn't be my go to brown formal shoe for several years

They look very good. I am actually surprised to see the black edges on them though, but it definitely helps to dress them up. My Cigar Captoe Balmorals have the light antique trim on them.

-Mike

Last edited:

FENWAY

Reaction score
Unlined #8 at the pump

vettemike

Reaction score

If those are the same CXL PTBs I got from TSM's 2nds list, then they are definitely single waterlock sole.

Can you post photos of your shoes? From the photos they looked like double waterlock soles. I was interested in getting a pair myself, but only if they are double waterlock soles.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fenway, love the ptb. did you size the same as any other barrie shoe? or did you size up?

TactileOne

Reaction score
Heaven help me, just pulled the trigger on the #8 saddles at Leffot. My first non ebay purchase, though both my Cigar LHs and #8 Chukkas were brand new.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vettemike: It certainly looks like double waterlock sole to me. I don't own them myself so I can't say for sure. The original poster didn't give a preference of waterlock or regular leather sole. I'm only trying to help find him the closest thing to what he wants.

The pictures show double on the brown cxl pair. But I would call to confirm.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ love your captoe. I think blucher suits whiskey nicely. much more so than a balmoral

epc2

Reaction score

Leffot got a big size run restock of the color/8 alpine grain saddles, which IMO are one of the best makeups out there. They also got another pair of saddles.

Now only if Alden would ship the E width black longwings (apparently they were left out of the first shipment0

Alcibiades,

How's the fit on these Saddles , they're lined right? You find they fit same as other Barrie shoes?

Just asking because I got a pair of unlined PTB and they feel snugger almost like needing to size up in width.

Thanks,

FENWAY

Reaction score

fenway, love the ptb. did you size the same as any other barrie shoe? or did you size up?

Thanks R. Went with my Barrie size which happens to be the same as the black unlined PTB you're selling...the tempt

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Psyched! Pre-order just landed that I didn't even know were in yet...Leffot Tobacco Chamois LWB w/ commando sole. These are perfect for fall

These were actually originally ordered by my wife as a surprise anniversary gift. I was made aware of them once our anniversary passed and these were yet to complete. Pretty awesome gift! And thanks again to Steven and Che for guiding her through the process.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how is that possible? were the same size i think and everytime i try it on it feels tight. will it soften up? im scared to even try the mac method for fear of tarnishing a shoe im trying to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads