• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEE88

Reaction score

Trying a different kind of fit pic today
Citishoes Cigar Captoes, Hampton Last
Maiden voyage

Will post more photos later today

they look great! and pic provides context. :fistbump:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

CEE88

Reaction score

Leffot got a big size run restock of the color/8 alpine grain saddles, which IMO are one of the best makeups out there. They also got another pair of saddles.

Now only if Alden would ship the E width black longwings (apparently they were left out of the first shipment0

I am so tempted, Alcibiades ...
I have the color 4/black shell from J Gilbert, the color 8/suede from J Crew and a really nice vintage pair of saddles ... yet I am still tempted. :decisions:

vettemike

Reaction score

I am pretty confident that Alden NYC has brown calf plain toe voucher on double leather sole. Also, check Citishoes in NYC as well.

Cxl plain toe voucher is always single leather sole I believe. Many have the czl/single leather sole in "d" width - Alden dc, Alden San Fran, Sherman Bros, the ct store,
I don't think you are going to find a casual makeup like a brown CXL PTB on a double leather sole. The single flexible fits much better. Check Unionmade, Need Supply and Alden NYC as I think they all currently stock this
[/quote]

Here you go! Alden PTB CXL with a double sole

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ald-mxsdlp-95080_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher.html

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are unconfortable, just a bit snug on the outside of little toe. I think at this point I can still return them, but if I go out and wear them full time for a few days to see if they will perhaps conform to my foot, they will be mine to keep. Take the risk ? Thanks
I say keep them. As you wear them more often, your feet will ever so slightly sink into the cork bed. Shell cordovan does not stretch, but that sinking of the cork bed will make it feel as though it has stretched a little. That's been my experience with shells that felt a little snug out of the box. As it turns out, it's been those shoes that have felt a little snug early on, that have been the most comfortable over the long run. My calf LWBs felt awesome out of the box. Now they feel a little too big, but still pretty good.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

aldenwear

Reaction score

Here you go! Alden PTB CXL with a double sole

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ald-mxsdlp-95080_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher.html[/QUOTE]

The poster asked for a brown calf ptb with double leather sole and then said cxl would work.

First, I am pretty sure that the link supplied is to shoes with waterlock sole, not leather sole. Second, I suspect that the waterlock sole on those shoes is single, not double, waterlock. I see no description describing the sole as double waterlock (or double leather) and I have the navy cxl version, which is among the choices available through the link you supply, and that is single waterlock sole. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score
Started the day as usual: walking the hound. The color 8 Indys got the nod, along with my Made in Portland Smith & Bybee waxed canvas jacket:

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say keep them. As you wear them more often, your feet will ever so slightly sink into the cork bed. Shell cordovan does not stretch, but that sinking of the cork bed will make it feel as though it has stretched a little. That's been my experience with shells that felt a little snug out of the box. As it turns out, it's been those shoes that have felt a little snug early on, that have been the most comfortable over the long run. My calf LWBs felt awesome out of the box. Now they feel a little too big, but still pretty good.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

I've had similar experiences.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put myself on a shoe freeze as I have a bunch of different pre-orders going right now, but those saddles are calling my name big time
GOD forbid the dreaded shoe freeze... ugh!!
crazy.gif
Pre-orders don't actually exist until they arrive. And if you haven't paid full price, you haven't actually spent the money yet. Thus, you do have the funds to buy the new saddles my friend. (I sense weakness in this one... Has my jedi mind trick worked yet?)
puzzled.gif

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GOD forbid the dreaded shoe freeze... ugh!!
crazy.gif
Pre-orders don't actually exist until they arrive. And if you haven't paid full price, you haven't actually spent the money yet. Thus, you do have the funds to buy the new saddles my friend. (I sense weakness in this one... Has my jedi mind trick worked yet?)
puzzled.gif

Sound logic, my friend...sound logic

vettemike

Reaction score

The poster asked for a brown calf ptb with double leather sole and then said cxl would work.  

First, I am pretty sure that the link supplied is to shoes with waterlock sole, not leather sole.  Second, I suspect that the waterlock sole on those shoes is single, not double, waterlock.  I see no description describing the sole as double waterlock (or double leather) and I have the navy cxl version, which is among the choices available through the link you supply, and that is single waterlock sole.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  

It certainly looks like double waterlock sole to me. I don't own them myself so I can't say for sure. The original poster didn't give a preference of waterlock or regular leather sole. I'm only trying to help find him the closest thing to what he wants. No need to be so anal

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It certainly looks like double waterlock sole to me. I don't own them myself so I can't say for sure. The original poster didn't give a preference of waterlock or regular leather sole. I'm only trying to help find him the closest thing to what he wants. No need to be so anal

If those are the same CXL PTBs I got from TSM's 2nds list, then they are definitely single waterlock sole.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More cigar captoe pics. No reason this shouldn't be my go to brown formal shoe for several years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads