1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Alden DC has a 6 or 7 person deep waiting list for a Cigar cap toe on Grant.

2. thams

thams Senior member

From Alden DC. Should be dropping in a month or two. Holding out hope that they fill the number of orders that they're supposed to so I can finally pick up this boot. Fourth in line with four pairs of 8.5D scheduled for production. Fingers crossed!

3. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

ugh. will I ever find my boot!?

4. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Its an awesome choice. I went back and forth for weeks about picking it up because I have a snuff suede wingtip already on commando. I finally buckled though and ordered them. I should get in the next day or two. I do worry slightly though because my size was originally out of stock and someone returned. Just crossing my fingers that a defect of some sort wasnt the reasoning and its more related to sizing.

Anyways congrats on the purchase!

5. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Friends, I was in Boston for the marathon over the weekend and brought some Saphir Cordovan Cream along for the ride just in case (one can never be too safe). I had it in the side of a weekender bag which was put under my seat. When I arrived home the glass had shattered and the cream was everywhere. Not the end of the world as the only other things in there were some cloths for buffing but a heads up if you are flying with the stuff, be careful!!

6. mike fite

mike fite Active Member

Today is sad day. Got off work, got out of cab and took shoes off and low and behold.....heel is gone???!??[​IMG][/IMG]

Do I trust local shoe repair. It send them to alden. I don't have missing part to heel.

7. mike fite

mike fite Active Member

8. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

BNelson or Alden direct.
    If they are newer and not seconds, Alden may fix free.

9. REguy

REguy Senior member

Replacing a top lift is a job any cobbler should be able to handle with ease.

1 person likes this.
  10. mike fite

mike fite Active Member

Thank you. They are originally bought by me. Only worn hand full of times. But that kinda made me a bit sad. Wondered how that happened.

11. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

+1 I had a bottle that I bought from Leather Soul with a pair of shoes that leaked about 1/4 of it out of the top. The top was still in place, I figure it must've been a pressure issue on the plane during shipping.

Crazy, I would send it back to Alden, they should fix that for free.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  12. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

I've had this happen to me twice on AE shoes, a new pair and a pair I had the factory refurb.

Alden will take care of this for free, but you loose several weeks to a month - if that matters, then as other have suggested, any local cobbler can fix this for you.

Cheers,
    BN

13. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

My guess is that Alden will fix for free but do you really feel like waiting a couple of months for such a basic repair? I'm with REguy, take it to a local cobbler. This is an easy fix.

14. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I felt the same way about my Epaulet alt Wien's that I just sold. I think the antique edge up against color 8 seems to really get women's attention. They were easily my most complimented shoes, but like you, the fit wasn't quite right. I posted a link to your auction a couple of days ago shortly after you listed the LWB's. A half size smaller and I would be all over them as they are a beautiful shoe. Good luck with your auction and congrats on your new score.

15. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

Send it to Alden. They should fix it for free. Must say Allen Edmonds has been exceptional with their customer service when this happened to me. Don't know about Alden however.

16. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior member

More Pictures on the boots please!

17. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

PSA - Sazon has a Cigar Indy in size 10D up for sale. This doesn't come in the marketplace often guys.

18. Doctor Chan

Doctor Chan Active Member

What size may that be for you?

19. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Cool. Will do tomorrow. Thanks!

20. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Wow. Thanks, Shawn. That was very cool of you to link to my sale. That's good karma, baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.