• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same stuff as online right?

Do you mean are the second in the store the same as in the irregular emails? I think they have more in store than they put in the emails. It's still hit-and-miss (I didn't find anything when I was there), but my impression is that you have a better chance of finding something of interest in-store.

totalair1

Reaction score
A while back we discussed how close Alden Cigar shell was to Allen Edmonds brown shell. My Allen Edmonds arrived last week and here's a side by side photo with my Alden Cigar shell Chukka's. I really can't see any difference IMHO. Those of you that were looking for Cigar shell belts. My AE belt also arrived and it too is the same as an Alden for a lot less. You have to custom order the brown shell belt from AE. It's not listed as an option, but you can custom order it. It will cost you $10 more for the custom order but its worth it. The buckle it comes with is nickel and nice quality.

See Ya,
Steve

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a PTB #8 for sale if anyone's interested. I consider this more of PSA than spam but If there's outrage that I've mentioned this here I'm happy to delete. it.

If anybody is interested I have a new pair of Cigar LWB that I'm considering selling , they have never been worn outside just tried them at home but unfortunately I need an E width and these are 9.5D, they're new just 2 weeks old.

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules but since this is the Alden thread I thought there was no problem letting you guys know.

Thanks,

I'm sorry - I really hate to be that guy but either of these posts can get you banned. I appreciate trying to give a heads up to the Alden community, but create a classified ad and stick it in your signature. Posting FS stuff in here will incur Fok's wrath.

jt2gt

Reaction score

citishoes has longwings, PTB and NSTs in some of the less common cordovan colors.  You would have to call to see if in your size.  

Thanks for the tip. Just checked...closest they had was a LW in whiskey size 8E which would be too big for me. 8D is my best size and is already pushing it for me in some Alden Barrie shoes. Let me know if anyone has any others in 8D or close.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I really hate to be that guy but either of these posts can get you banned. I appreciate trying to give a heads up to the Alden community, but create a classified ad and stick it in your signature. Posting FS stuff in here will incur Fok's wrath.

^^^^ This

Hill

Reaction score
fistbump.gif

And I like those trousers.

Great looking combo.

ravello wt
argyles otc

Mac, looking good. Love the trousers with the ravello.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I learned something last weekend when I visited Alden-SF. I'd never tried the Grant last so I tried on the #8 straight tip boot. I was told that the Grant last is essentially the Barrie last with a sleeker toe. That was news to me.

green garden

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Considering that AE doesn't let you wait 1 yr to get your shoes (at least not yet), I've been wondering if it's time to pull the trigger and get a brown chukka.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A while back we discussed how close Alden Cigar shell was to Allen Edmonds brown shell. My Allen Edmonds arrived last week and here's a side by side photo with my Alden Cigar shell Chukka's. I really can't see any difference IMHO. Those of you that were looking for Cigar shell belts. My AE belt also arrived and it too is the same as an Alden for a lot less. You have to custom order the brown shell belt from AE. It's not listed as an option, but you can custom order it. It will cost you $10 more for the custom order but its worth it. The buckle it comes with is nickel and nice quality. See Ya, Steve
nephew, I appreciate your input wear in good health your cap toes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads