***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Alden NYC just had a Ravello PTB confirmed last month for fall delivery...

I believe Alden DC also had a Ravello LWB confirmed

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Looks like my ls color 8 captoes are coming in early! It is going to be a good month.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

So much win here: Red pants, flashy carpet, Cigar shell, and FILTER. Bravo - :fistbump:
    These Alt-Wiens are one of the best makeups I've seen in all my time on the boards. Fantastic grab, DonL.

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I would have pulled the trigger when my size was in stock.

5. sellran

sellran Senior member

FYI - To all that were so helpful....Here is the dark cognac Horween belt with the new buckle.
    [​IMG]

6. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

+1

7. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

+2

It took me a year or two to warm up to #8 but now I have much love for it.

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Over the next say 4 months or so, it is more likely than not that we'll see shipments of stuff like ravello PTBs, cigar chukkas or longwings, etc at the Alden stores, Shoe Mart, etc. There is a shortage but shoes do get out from time to time.

9. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

That turned out great! Now I'm tempted.

See Ya,
    Steve

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Hopefully we see the Whiskey Wingtip Boot at Epaulet that I placed a pre-order for at the end of 2011...

In the meantime I took advantage of the sale and called my sales associate and placed an order for the Brooks Brothers suede penny loafer.

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

There are so many new color 8 on antique sole models coming out... The antique almost makes it look like an entirely new shell color.

12. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I truly hope you are right. However...Alden in NYC is getting Ravello PTB this fall. They are getting 1 pair in each size. I know of a few other locations getting small shipments of Ravello LWB. Nobody has any knowledge of getting anything outside of what I just mentioned at all of the dozens of Alden dealers I called and offered to pay in advance. Everyone, in particular Alden owned locations tell me that they don't expect anything in rare colors (except for what I talked about above) for over 1 year. In addition...they claim Alden is moving away from rare colors and focusing on black and #8. Some might believe all of this is a ploy to raise shell prices. However....price is not the issue, you can't sell what you don't have.

Ed at The Shoe Mart says he won't take anymore pre-pay shell orders. Many forum members have been waiting a long time for shell pre-orders in rare colors. I've not seen anyone post on this forum about getting a rare color order fulfilled lately. All I've seen trickle in is black and #8.

My main point is: OK a few locations get a pair in each size of a few models. In total everything I've heard rumors about total less than 100 pair of shoes for the entire USA. That's a drop in the bucket compared to demand! I think minute pairs will trickle in this fall, and after that Nada for rare colors for 12 months or more, and again a trickle at best. Again I hope I'm wrong.

See Ya,
    Steve

13. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I got a pair of BB suede penny loafers in dark brown on the sale too! A nice shoe! Many thanks to the SF members who helped me get on the Corporate Account!

See Ya,
    Steve

14. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Not my photo, but thought it was interesting. Let this be a warning to anyone who wears nice selvedge denim with their suede chukkas-roll them up high, or get this:

[​IMG]

15. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

^^^

precisely why I used to tape the insides of my denim when I would wear dunks or airmax when i was younger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.