• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also note that we are not seeing any new shells being released other than Color 8 and Black currently.

I believe Alden is focusing on their bread and butter models like the 975, 9901, etc., since they likely want to be able to supply those as a priority over anything ravello, whiskey or cigar, and also over any special make-ups.
Alden NYC just had a Ravello PTB confirmed last month for fall delivery...

I believe Alden DC also had a Ravello LWB confirmed

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar PT bal, Aberdeen:
So much win here: Red pants, flashy carpet, Cigar shell, and FILTER. Bravo - :fistbump:
Newly arrived - #8 Alt Wien Medallion Cap-Toe
These Alt-Wiens are one of the best makeups I've seen in all my time on the boards. Fantastic grab, DonL.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newly arrived - #8 Alt Wien Medallion Cap-Toe
Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I would have pulled the trigger when my size was in stock.

sellran

Reaction score
FYI - To all that were so helpful....Here is the dark cognac Horween belt with the new buckle.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the next say 4 months or so, it is more likely than not that we'll see shipments of stuff like ravello PTBs, cigar chukkas or longwings, etc at the Alden stores, Shoe Mart, etc. There is a shortage but shoes do get out from time to time.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Over the next say 4 months or so, it is more likely than not that we'll see shipments of stuff like ravello PTBs, cigar chukkas or longwings, etc at the Alden stores, Shoe Mart, etc. There is a shortage but shoes do get out from time to time.

Hopefully we see the Whiskey Wingtip Boot at Epaulet that I placed a pre-order for at the end of 2011...

In the meantime I took advantage of the sale and called my sales associate and placed an order for the Brooks Brothers suede penny loafer.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are so many new color 8 on antique sole models coming out... The antique almost makes it look like an entirely new shell color.

totalair1

Reaction score
I truly hope you are right. However...Alden in NYC is getting Ravello PTB this fall. They are getting 1 pair in each size. I know of a few other locations getting small shipments of Ravello LWB. Nobody has any knowledge of getting anything outside of what I just mentioned at all of the dozens of Alden dealers I called and offered to pay in advance. Everyone, in particular Alden owned locations tell me that they don't expect anything in rare colors (except for what I talked about above) for over 1 year. In addition...they claim Alden is moving away from rare colors and focusing on black and #8. Some might believe all of this is a ploy to raise shell prices. However....price is not the issue, you can't sell what you don't have.

Ed at The Shoe Mart says he won't take anymore pre-pay shell orders. Many forum members have been waiting a long time for shell pre-orders in rare colors. I've not seen anyone post on this forum about getting a rare color order fulfilled lately. All I've seen trickle in is black and #8.

My main point is: OK a few locations get a pair in each size of a few models. In total everything I've heard rumors about total less than 100 pair of shoes for the entire USA. That's a drop in the bucket compared to demand! I think minute pairs will trickle in this fall, and after that Nada for rare colors for 12 months or more, and again a trickle at best. Again I hope I'm wrong.

See Ya,
Steve

totalair1

Reaction score
Hopefully we see the Whiskey Wingtip Boot at Epaulet that I placed a pre-order for at the end of 2011...

In the meantime I took advantage of the sale and called my sales associate and placed an order for the Brooks Brothers suede penny loafer.
I got a pair of BB suede penny loafers in dark brown on the sale too! A nice shoe! Many thanks to the SF members who helped me get on the Corporate Account!

See Ya,
Steve

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

precisely why I used to tape the insides of my denim when I would wear dunks or airmax when i was younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads