1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zinman74

zinman74 Well-Known Member

For anyone thinking about putting obenauf's on their chromexcel boots to change the color, I would consider doing some research before committing. It's not the same as calf and the results will likely be different (and may be disappointing).

That looks like nice work on the speedhook change-out Mr. K.

Thanks, I wouldn't want to damage anything. I think I must have misread the post about darkening, must have been about plain calf.

2. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

Thanks, I wouldn't want to damage anything. I think I must have misread the post about darkening, must have been about plain calf.

Nick Horween says to use Neetsfoot Oil on Chromexcel. It's what they use as the final step at the tannery

3. velomane

velomane Senior Member

Nick Horween says to use Neetsfoot Oil on Chromexcel. It's what they use as the final step at the tannery

As stated here on Horween's blog.

4. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior Member

I've decided to send the indys back and get the cigar shell indys instead.

5. hastur

hastur Senior Member

Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to ask - does theshoemart ever run coupon codes that work on Alden shoes?

Thanks.

6. sockpuppets

Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to ask - does theshoemart ever run coupon codes that work on Alden shoes?

Thanks.

No, they do not. Your best bet is getting a jcrew 20% coupon and buying a pair there online.

7. REguy

REguy Senior Member

Few questions for anyone who might have an answer:

1) If a shoe initially came with a crepe sole, will Alden resole it with leather?
    2) Can they resole a shoe with black edge stain with tan? I was thinking of this but hate the black sole.

Attachment 48416

3) Alden never answers the phone so how does one go about sending shoes in for a resole?
    [​IMG]

8. gracian

gracian Senior Member

Yes, the shoemart has sales twice a year. They will send out a coupon for 10% for the site, but say that they exclude Aldens on the email. However if you call they will honor it. I believe the sales are usually in Feb and July.

9. Trapp

Trapp Distinguished Member

1) If a shoe initially came with a crepe sole, will Alden resole it with leather?
    2) Can they resole a shoe with black edge stain with tan? I was thinking of this but hate the black sole.
    3) Alden never answers the phone so how does one go about sending shoes in for a resole?

1) They can resole it with leather if you specify
    2) Not sure
    3) You can email them ([email protected]) and request they send you a "restoration service kit". According to the aldenshop website the kit includes prepaid packaging to mail back your shoes in.

By the way, I'm looking to trade some used 405 indy's in size 9D for the same shoe in size 9.5D. Pics of them are posted in FS.

10. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Distinguished Member

in the vein of trades, I am looking for Alden Shell boots (anything but black, and not chukkas, but full height boots) in good shape that would fit a true 9D. if you have something like this and are interested, send me a PM with specifics

I would pay cash or possibly entertain trades for new Whiskey PTB's in 8.5 E (seconds).

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Distinguished Member

Few questions for anyone who might have an answer:

They respond to email questions.

12. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Distinguished Member

can anyone confirm what color indy these are [​IMG]

13. sockpuppets

can anyone confirm what color indy these are

[​IMG]

Looks like standard brown to me.

[​IMG]

14. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior Member

15. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

Does anyone have any pictures of some of the recent Cigar Indys with some wear on them?
    I'm talking about ones with the more pronounced, hand-sewn toe stitching.
    thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.